Colton Cowser 2021

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

I know you're aware of this, but I still think it's worth pointing out.

Moves are not made with the only consideration being "is player x ready to hit for team y?" There's something called logistics. That means flights, hotels/rentals, other roster moves with corresponding flights/hotels/rentals, medical appointments, family considerations, perhaps workout routines and things I haven't thought of.

What I'm saying isn't a disagreement with your overall stance of being more aggressive, I'm just pushing back on the sniping about a few days here and there. There's unavoidable reasons for "the mindset" that are not at all baseball related.

Which is why I also said there may some logistical stuff holding him back from Moving up.  :D

(although that was in the FCl happenings thread, not this one)

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Which is why I also said there may some logistical stuff holding him back from Moving up.  :D

(although that was in the FCl happenings thread, not this one)

You're just so damn aggressive in your posting style that I can't help but push back when there's an obvious point to make.  lol

I'm not being a snowflake about it. I like your perspectives, but damn, there are some things where patience is a virtue!

Just now, LookinUp said:

You're just so damn aggressive in your posting style that I can't help but push back when there's an obvious point to make.  lol

I'm not being a snowflake about it. I like your perspectives, but damn, there are some things where patience is a virtue!

F patience.  :D

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Honestly given the weather down here and the propensity for rain outs I wouldn't start an early round college player down here.

I think they can shake off the rust in a more competitive setting.  (not like they go an extended period of time without playing under the current rules)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Honestly given the weather down here and the propensity for rain outs I wouldn't start an early round college player down here.

I think they can shake off the rust in a more competitive setting.  (not like they go an extended period of time without playing under the current rules)

I agree. The weather doesn't allow for much continuity. I'm guessing it's been a normal Florida summer in that regard, but am not sure.

I would like to know why they didn’t send him to Aberdeen.  Is it an issue of overcrowding and if so, why should that matter?  You just paid him a lot of money and made him the 5th pick because his bat is so advanced.

He probably should play over any OFer currently playing in the minors.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I would like to know why they didn’t send him to Aberdeen.  Is it an issue of overcrowding and if so, why should that matter?  You just paid him a lot of money and made him the 5th pick because his bat is so advanced.

He's got to prove himself at every level.

We should be happy he didn't start off in the DSL.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think they'll be aggressive a little later and he'll get to AA about as fast as folks would generally like. For example, Westburg is already in AA which feels fairly aggressive to me. That puts Westburg in a position where he could crack the ML roster sometime late next year. I think we could see Colton hit AA around this time next year as well. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think they'll be aggressive a little later and he'll get to AA about as fast as folks would generally like. For example, Westburg is already in AA which feels fairly aggressive to me. That puts Westburg in a position where he could crack the ML roster sometime late next year. I think we could see Colton hit AA around this time next year as well. 

He's a college bat.

He's 22, he's where he should be now.  The odd part was starting him in Delmarva.

26 minutes ago, interloper said:

It’s aggressive that Westburg is in AA despite showing he had no business being in the lower leagues?

It was the lack of aggression that caused him to wait this long.

Do you think it’s wrong that Witt Jr is in AAA with how little MiL experience he has?

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s aggressive that Westburg is in AA despite showing he had no business being in the lower leagues?

It was the lack of aggression that caused him to wait this long.

Do you think it’s wrong that Witt Jr is in AAA with how little MiL experience he has?

Wrong? No. Just different methods for different organizations. I think Westburg in AA at this point feels appropriate to me, but I also understand the thinking that he could have probably started there right off the bat. 

11 minutes ago, interloper said:

Wrong? No. Just different methods for different organizations. I think Westburg in AA at this point feels appropriate to me, but I also understand the thinking that he could have probably started there right off the bat. 

Well maybe he could have but he never should have wasted time in Delmarva.  I would have been ok with Aberdeen to start by he should have been in AA by July or so.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

You're like the fat kid in the Harry Potter movies, upset that you only got 32 presents for your birthday and not 33.  Enough with the negative waves.  Be happy for five frickin' minutes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

You're like the fat kid in the Harry Potter movies, upset that you only got 32 presents for your birthday and not 33.  Enough with the negative waves.  Be happy for five frickin' minutes.

Why you got to identify the kid by his weight issues?  Kid ain't got a name?

Honestly I don't know if the kid has a name, never watched the Harry Potter movies.

• Haha 3