(Edit: Orioles get 1st pick after walkoff homer by Diamondbacks)

Greenpastures23

47 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re 1 game “up” on Arizona with 13 games to play. We hold the tie break because we had the worse record last year. 

This season has been so painful that I just want the #1 pick. 

The 4 game home series vs Texas scares me. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/standings/_/sort/gamesbehind/dir/desc/season/2020/group/overall

Actually we had the same record last year and drafted higher because of holding the tie breaker.  We did have a worse 2019.  I wonder how often the same 2 teams had same record 2 seasons in a row.

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The pre-August version did.   Not so sure about the August/September version.   

It’s really incredible that the 2018 team performed as poorly as it did.   

Yeah, but they should have been better by August.  I figured it was a 72-75 win team.  IIRC, after the first month they were toast.

By August it was a walking corpse.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

12 games left. Means should only have 2 more starts. I am worried here, but our other SP and bullpen, usually take care of the job. 

Right, “Means business”, can only do so much. Plenty enough ways for the rest of ‘em to screw things up, though. Well, minus Mullins, Hays, and Mountcastle. 

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Our AAAA/AAA pitching staff takes care of business. The lineup is actually coming on. 

Eh, they are? If you say so. And other than the guys I listed, who’s “coming on”?

Martin has a nice average, but not much hard contact, so I’m dubious as to whether that continues. Mancini? Maybe, but I’m fine with them parting ways. RM is a younger, cheaper and better version of Mancini. Severino? No thanks.

How about Santander? He’s been better in the 2nd half, but he isn’t healthy and hasn’t produced except in a shortened season. And I was excited about him before that. I hope he heats up in the last two weeks and another team sees a glimpse of what’s he’s been. 

I like McKenna as a 4th guy in the OF, but he has to hit a lot better to even get a whiff of more regular playing time. (One of the areas where I think Hyde has “managed” his usage effectively. 

Mateo? liked what I saw, but need to see more. Wynns is a back up at best. Gutierrez has looked great at times, iffy at others and he hasn’t hit. Rotation candidates are all questionable except Means and that includes Akin, Ellis, and Zimmerman. The others are not ML pitchers. 

Stay focused on the goal, I believe in you! ?

• Haha 1