(Edit: Orioles get 1st pick after walkoff homer by Diamondbacks)

Greenpastures23

It's one thing to lose but to lose at losing is a whole different level of suck. All they had to do was keep losing and they can't manage it. If they were down 12-0 with two outs in the bottom of the 9th, nobody on and needing one more loss for the 1st pick they'd somehow score 13 runs. 

11 minutes ago, Getz said:

I know that, but I remember a lot of people saying that Elias was making the calls and Hyde would do everything he said.

I'm sure Hyde is doing what he's told.

That doesn't mean he can't be pleased when his team wins a game.

Winning a game against a Red Sox team trying to make the playoffs is a bit more exciting than a random game in May.

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure Hyde is doing what he's told.

That doesn't mean he can't be pleased when his team wins a game.

Winning a game against a Red Sox team trying to make the playoffs is a bit more exciting than a random game in May.

This has been going for a couple of weeks now, I wasn't saying it was yesterday.

But as I said I don't remember seeing him this excited in previous years, maybe it's just me.

I’ve always thought Hyde was trying to win, while at the same time putting his players in positions to test themselves as opposed to only considering who had the best chance that moment to win the game.   And I think that’s what Elias and he both want, and should want.   

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ve always thought Hyde was trying to win, while at the same time putting his players in positions to test themselves as opposed to only considering who had the best chance that moment to win the game.   And I think that’s what Elias and he both want, and should want.   

I’ve always thought Hyde was trying to win (with the Major League Roster equivalent of a box of pencil shavings, rusty paper clips, and toe nail clippings), while at the same time putting his players in positions to test themselves as opposed to only considering who had the best chance that moment to win the game.   And I think that’s what Elias and he both want, and should want.  

And that all of this is an exercise in marking time until the first bolus of new age players matriculates...