Elias and Hyde have to go

Patrick Mack

Both Elias and Hyde must go. They complain of lack of hitting early in season yet they traded Iglieses (373 last year) and let  Alberti go (283 last  yr). Can you make more than 1 "prospect" they got for Britton, Bundy, Iglieses? All three outfielders and 4 the(McKenna), 1B, DH  and #1 starter are from previous GM. We need a 2B, SS, and 3B. All 3 of these Elias pickups are hitting appts 220. Pathetic. Friday, Hyde has a pitcher having given up 4 runs with 2 men on with 81 pitches  in the 4th inning and has no one warming up!  Sunday the bases are loaded and he brings in Scott who has as many walks as innings pitched. He has used several lineups with some guys batting cleanup with a  230 -240 average. Enough!  Bring in someone like  Kendall who has managed just about every decent starter. Get a "baseball" guy to be GM to make some trades of our so called prospects we have accumulated and some decent signings.  3  years of these guys is enough. We r no closer to being rebuilt than we were  3 yrs ago

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elias is fine for now, however: he can't just sit on his hands every offseason.  

The rebuild is not at the point of yielding positive MLB results yet, but adding some players a year or two earlier than the projected window can't hurt. Not all of the talent for a contending team can come from the farm alone. 

33 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Elias looks better after taking Cowser over Lawler. Lawler just had a labrum tear. That’s tough on a SS. 

It’s his left shoulder, luckily.  Still not great, but better than on his throwing arm.   I believe the same thing happened to Joey Ortiz earlier this year.  

37 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Elias looks better after taking Cowser over Lawler. Lawler just had a labrum tear. That’s tough on a SS. 

Really? That’s who they should have taken by far. Dude was a stud SS, even House (who Nats took, likely a 3B). How can you predict that? Say that, yet everyone believe Kerstad was nobody’s fault. 

I still strongly believe Lawlar was the pick.  

13 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Really? That’s who they should have taken by far. Dude was a stud SS, even House (who Nats took, likely a 3B). How can you predict that? Say that, yet everyone believe Kerstad was nobody’s fault. 

I still strongly believe Lawlar was the pick.  

I agree you cannot fault the Lawlar pick based on an injury he suffered after being drafted, just like you can’t fault the Kjerstad pick based on him contracting myocarditis.   I hope the young man makes a full recovery from his injury and goes on to have a good MLB career.  Needless to say, I also hope Cowser goes on to become an excellent major leaguer along with others we signed with the money we saved    

• Like 1