Shorebirds lineup tonight

Just Regular

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

With Burns and Norby it will definitely cut down on Hernaiz's defensive reps. He was playing defense virtually everyday.  Gonna be tough to do that now with Mayo also on the team at 3B.

I don’t see Burns as a must play every day guy. I’m sure they can split time at SS. Maybe rotate Norby and Mayo into DH to get Burns and Hernaiz both on the field at the same time more often. 

21 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

All '21 draftees, except for Mayo.

Really cool to see. After this round of promotions they’re are very few “non prospects” getting playing time at the full season levels. It will be a fun last month of the season to boxscore follow. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

11 minutes ago, Ridgway22 said:

Not sure if you mean yesterday's game....  But I checked the boxscore and saw Delmarva batters walked 6 times and K'd 1. That is eyepopping in the modern game. 

Sorry yeah, talking about the "all draft picks" game. Thought I read somewhere they didn't strike out at all. 

14 minutes ago, mlrhode said:

The one strikeout was from Mayo, 2020 draft pick.

Just for fun, looked up the box score. Fredericksburg is a Nats affiliate. They used 5 pitchers against the Shorebirds, and only struck out one batter, walking 6. Looking at the combined stats of their pitchers, they have 190 K's in 189 innings. Not reading anything into this, but when a team's batters walk 6 times more than they K, I'm impressed. 

PS: One of the pitchers is named Trey Turner.

14 minutes ago, Ridgway22 said:

8 more walks and 5 k's for Delmarva yesterday, so 20 walks and 12 strikeouts in the 3 games since the 2021 draftees arrived. Have no idea what this means, but I like it.

I wonder if the other teams in the Low A East have infused as many new players as we have.   If those numbers are accruing against pitchers who’ve been in the league all year, that means more than if they are being accrued against pitchers just getting their feet wet, IMO.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I wonder if the other teams in the Low A East have infused as many new players as we have.   If those numbers are accruing against pitchers who’ve been in the league all year, that means more than if they are being accrued against pitchers just getting their feet wet, IMO.

As I said, I don't know what this means.... However, even if it's against flustered, noob competition, I like to see it. Have no idea if it matters, just caught my eye. The oppo pitches last night have combined for about 130 innings so far, milb.com doesn't break down levels, so can't tell (without extra effort) if that includes FCL, etc.

The Delmarva juggernaut keeps rolling with 17 runs. 10 walks in the game for Shorebird batters, 10 strikeouts. So now that is 30 walks vs 22 K's since the 2021 kids were promoted from Florida. Early next week I'll be floating on a catamaran in the Agean sea, and won't be thinking about such things, but for today, it feels good, especially after watching Herr Fried render our major league team neutered, and now I have to stop this run on sentence. 

• Haha 1