Tomorrow may be different but tonight the Orioles have the number one draft pick for next year. Yes we caught the Diamondbacks.

Gurgi

Diamond backs won and are 

39-81 for .325

Orioles are 

38-80 for a .322

So we have run down the Diamondbacks....even when they had five or six games between us this last horrible fade had done the deed.  We are the worst team in MLB.

Doesn't matter much if a team picks first, second or another low round. Only the Rays and the old Expos have impressed me with their consistent skill in acquiring young athletes and developing them into high end major league players. Most teams are hit and mostly miss in this critical skill. Too bad the O's didn't choose to rebuild in the early 2000s. The first step should have been hiring the entire Expos scouting and development team from low A to the majors.

• Upvote 1

I am ok with the losing as we can get 1-1 or 1-2 in the draft. 

What I am not okay with is that the only player on this roster that seems like they are guaranteed to help long term is Mullins. Jury is still out on a few. I would work to trade Means and Mancini this offseason if possible.  Probably should have sold high on Paul Fry.  Perhaps there can be a bit of a turnaround on a few of these guys and they can be traded next year, but the only way we add talent over the next couple years is probably the draft and intl trade.

• Upvote 1