The Marauding Delmarva Offense

Frobby

Cowser should be moved to Aberdeen for the last few weeks.  Perhaps Norby too.  The reality is, if the bats are advanced as they say, they should be in Bowie either right now or early next year.  There is just no reason to have them down in these lower levels, especially when showing this level of skill and talent.

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Cowser should be moved to Aberdeen for the last few weeks.  Perhaps Norby too.  The reality is, if the bats are advanced as they say, they should be in Bowie either right now or early next year.  There is just no reason to have them down in these lower levels, especially when showing this level of skill and talent.

They draft these college kids high and then assign them as if they were a year out of HS.  I don't get it. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They draft these college kids high and then assign them as if they were a year out of HS.  I don't get it. 

Agreed.  I don’t mind the get their feet wet type thing (although that should have been in Delmarva imo) but otherwise, challenge them.

The whole point about drafting college guys is that they are more advanced, more mature and closer to helping the ML team.  Some are obviously more advanced than others due to skill level, competition, etc…Cowser and, to a lesser extent Norby, are examples of guys that you should be more aggressive  with.  

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Sal Frelick just got promoted to High-A this week, Matt McLain and Mat Nelson both skipped Low-A, going straight to A+ and have struggled a bit. The other college players drafted before Norby have not yet reached High-A.

I agree Cowser should see some time in Aberdeen and hopefully is in Bowie sooner rather than later next year, but the idea that either of them should be in Bowie now isn't compatible with how any team treats college draftees.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Sal Frelick just got promoted to High-A this week, Matt McLain and Mat Nelson both skipped Low-A, going straight to A+ and have struggled a bit. The other college players drafted before Norby have not yet reached High-A.

I agree Cowser should see some time in Aberdeen and hopefully is in Bowie sooner rather than later next year, but the idea that either of them should be in Bowie now isn't compatible with how any team treats college draftees.

Teams not doing it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be done.

Either way, I don’t mind if he doesn’t see Bowie this year but he should be there early next year, maybe even to start.  

But Cowser being in low A seems like a waste to me.

18 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Teter's an interesting guy to me.  He's supposedly elite defensively.  Will be interesting to see how his DII success translates to the pro level.

It’s a Ravens mindset.  They have had a lot of success with players from lower level schools.

Sure it’s tough to get an idea if your competition is inferior but is it also inferior because you are that good?  Scouts should be able to recognize talent no matter where it is.

26 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

For context, Frelick, in 71 AB's, was batting .437 with a 1.085 OPS in A ball.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

So typical. A thread started to be positive about the initial success of Mayo and the 2021 class.  How long does it take to turn into a negative thread on how the players aren't being handled properly.  Funny stuff.  The same old gang at it again.  If only they were in charge, our farm system would be run properly.  LOL

As opposed to your response.  ?

The placement of advanced college bats is a reasonable topic for conversation.  The idea that maybe the reason why Delmarva is doing so well on offense may be linked to guys being sent to affiliates that aren't challenging is a fair hypothesis.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

The placement of advanced college bats is a reasonable topic for conversation.  The idea that maybe the reason why Delmarva is doing so well on offense may be linked to guys being sent to affiliates that aren't challenging is a fair hypothesis.

Besides Cowser, virtually every other player, under the old setup, would be in the NY Penn League and start at low A or High A next year.  Cowser probably would have started at low A and started at high A next year.  BFD.  Cowser is probably the only one a team might fast track to high A this year with a AA start next year.  

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Besides Cowser, virtually every other player, under the old setup, would be in the NY Penn League and start at low A or High A next year.  Cowser probably would have started at low A and started at high A next year.  BFD.  Cowser is probably the only one a team might fast track to high A this year with a AA start next year.  

Hey look, you can talk about the topic instead of just complaining about other posters.

Neat.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hey look, you can talk about the topic instead of just complaining about other posters.

Neat.

I could but I can also complain about other posters.     I started a positive thread yesterday about our Latin players.     Of course, you could have started a thread like that one or this one.   Has that EVER occurred to you?     I would have been happy to comment on the original post but it get sidetracked into somethin negative so fast, I commented on that instead.    In fact, I just posted very recently about the initial success of the Delmarva players and SG's response was "they should be doing that", which isn't true at all.    The whole group is doing well.   That doesn't usually happen even when they start out in the NY Penn League which is a level below.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The opening post is about how well the players are doing.   The next two comments are not about how well those players are doing.   The next two posts are from Corn and SG about how Cowser and others shouldn't even be there.     Thanks for derailing the thread by the 2nd post.     Your posts are completely misinformed so it's actually funny but it's also sad because its the same old sh**, literally, from the same two guys.   SG, at least, posts some positive Oriole stuff.  COC, you are just a miserable SOB.   Carry on.