The Marauding Delmarva Offense

Frobby

15 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Willems is a catcher.  I was referring to Donta' Williams the 4th round pick OF.

Yes. Thank you. So was I. Willems will be the new Weiters at least in name spelling. Well here’s hoping he’s more MW and not Chance Sisco. 

I see Elias pushing guys.  Maybe since we only have 12 full season OF spots, and 4 DH spots, he will hold some of the int’l guys back since they are so young.  1B is also an option too.  With the exception of Catcher depth, we may be looking at the 4 full season clubs having “prospects” at every starting position.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

And lost, 7-6.   

Other than Pinto and Tavera do they even have any legit pitching prospects in Delmarva? None that really stand out other than those two. As long as those two pitch well and the team scores alot of runs its not very significant what the final outcome is. 

5 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Other than Pinto and Tavera do they even have any legit pitching prospects in Delmarva? None that really stand out other than those two. As long as those two pitch well and the team scores alot of runs its not very significant what the final outcome is. 

No idea on Peter Van Loon.  There's usually a reason why a pitcher is a 16th rounder but he has pitched 7 innings with 0 walks and 10 strikeouts so far.   He's a big guy at 6'5 210.   I would assume his velocity is nothing special or he would have probably been drafted higher.

Still waiting for a Dylan Heid sighting by the way.   He's on one of the FCL rosters listed as active but hasn't pitched yet.

Don't know about Deson but I expect to see his name in a boxscore very soon.  Since we talked about everyone doing so well it's only fair to point out that Pavalon's now under the Mendoza line and Trimble has yet to get untracked since he came back.

4 hours ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Haven't seen Deson since his promotion to Delmarva, any updates on him? I know that outfield is crowded, maybe tough to crack.

No real point in promoting a guy unless he’s going to play.   Hopefully we’ll see him soon.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:43 AM, Hazmat said:

Jacob Teter doesn't appear to be challenged in A ball.  He's batting .362 with a .486 OBP.  His OPS is 1.055.

Dont'a Williams is continuing to show his aptitude for being a high OBP guy, currently at .455.  He has 14 BB's to 10 K's in A ball.  

We’re actually seeing some good years from our organization’s 1B. Mountcastle/Dashbach/Mundy/Bowens/Teeter. Nevin has a .688 OPS but he did get a call up, he’s only 24, and it seems like he’ll have more callups in the future. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re actually seeing some good years from our organization’s 1B. Mountcastle/Dashbach/Mundy/Bowens/Teeter. Nevin has a .688 OPS but he did get a call up, he’s only 24, and it seems like he’ll have more callups in the future. 

With that OPS im not so sure. The 1B depth they are accumulating behind him might mean a DFA in the not distant future. 

7 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

With that OPS im not so sure. The 1B depth they are accumulating behind him might mean a DFA in the not distant future. 

Yeah I don’t see why a guy with that OPS at AAA would get a call up to play 1B. It’s not like there’s a special skill required to play 1B. It’s just where you go when you can’t play anywhere else. 

43 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Yeah I don’t see why a guy with that OPS at AAA would get a call up to play 1B. It’s not like there’s a special skill required to play 1B. It’s just where you go when you can’t play anywhere else. 

Nevin looks to be somewhat of a victim at Harbor Park. .629 OPS there this year. .733 on the road. He missed all of last year after putting up good numbers in AA as a 22 year old. I’m not ready to give up on him yet and I’m hoping he puts up better numbers in his 2nd go around in AAA. He still will be 24 through 5/29/22. 

If he can play any type of 3B he could have a nice career while he’s cheap and before the big bats get up the system.