Did Davis fleece the Os again??

Chelsea_Phil

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Eric Davis was so much fun.  

IMO, he could have been an all-time great had he been able to stay healthy.  People constantly wonder what Bo Jackson could have done if he didn't break his hip and Bo was certainly an amazing talent.  Obviously he was a higher profile because of two sports...but I think Eric Davis was a bigger, better what if?

This is a must-read:

https://www.mlb.com/news/eric-davis-put-up-video-game-stats-for-reds-c279109048

He was so f'ing good while he was here, even though it was brief.  And that was when he was older, after cancer and a year out of MLB.  

Does the goodness of Eric Davis wash away the badness of Glenn and Chris?  It's close.  

A healthy Eric Davis is a no doubt first ballot HOF player. One of my favorite players to watch growing up and still pretty good as an Oriole past his physical peak. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

A healthy Eric Davis is a no doubt first ballot HOF player. One of my favorite players to watch growing up and still pretty good as an Oriole past his physical peak. 

Not trying to poo-poo Trey Mancini, but coming back to play while still undergoing chemotherapy and then hitting a walk-off in the playoffs was just the stuff of legends.