Matt Harvey done for the year

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea he’s not done unless he wants to be done.  He has a 4.59 FIP.  Someone, maybe even the Os, will pick him up.

Especially, with what Hyde said about his presence in the clubhouse. Much better after the AS break and was fighting through the knee for his last few starts.

4 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Really?  I have almost no doubt that he be with a team next year.

Do you think anyone really signs him to a guaranteed ML deal?

I'm torn on it, but I could see it not happening.

And if he's in Spring Training next year on a non-guaranteed deal- well just that, nothing is guaranteed.  

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I can’t believe how low standards have gotten around here.  I respect Harvey, but have no interest in bringing back a veteran pitcher who just posted a 6.27 ERA and has a 6.15 ERA over the last 5 years.   Good luck to him but let’s aim higher please.   

Raise-your-Standards.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I can’t believe how low standards have gotten around here.  I respect Harvey, but have no interest in bringing back a veteran pitcher who just posted a 6.27 ERA and has a 6.15 ERA over the last 5 years.   Good luck to him but let’s aim higher please.   

Respectfully, Frobiccino, you're one of the few old enough to remember... the glory days here.  All the people my age or younger have some highlight reels and anecdotes and slight glimpses of decent baseball.

You got to dine on filet mignon for 20+ years.  The younger generation is trying not to **** its pants on the way home from the McDonald's drive through.  

I'd be fine with Harvey back next year if he's on another one year deal and the 4th or 5th starter.  My standards are low because I don't know any better.

6 hours ago, Pickles said:

Not surprising.  Have to give the guy credit for hanging on this long.

You wonder if maybe he hasn't pitched his last ML game.

Harvey is getting at a minimum a spring training invite next year. And brace yourself because a decent chance it's with the Orioles.

Not enough from the younger pitchers yet and the Orioles will need a couple veterans to start out the year. I'm hoping they bring in veteran pitchers who are of a better quality for 2022.  

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s not standards that are low, good pitchers are in short supply. I think it was SG who posted average 4th or 5th starters ERA is around 5.25. Harvey has been better than that in the second half and as already mentioned his FIP is 4.59. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Harvey is getting at a minimum a spring training invite next year. And brace yourself because a decent chance it's with the Orioles.

Not enough from the younger pitchers yet and the Orioles will need a couple veterans to start out the year. I'm hoping they bring in veteran pitchers who are of a better quality for 2022.  

A spring training invite is not a ML appearance.  

I personally would not sign Harvey to a guaranteed deal.  I really don't see anybody else doing it either.

That means he's going to fight for a job in spring training.  It's a fight he could lose.

I'm not really averse to him being brought back.  But I don't want to guarantee him a contract.