Heyman on Tex Trade Talks

Maverick2143

If MacPhail doesn't want Tex's contract say goodbye to Tex now. I'm hoping he isn't Jim Beattie part II. Beattie was extremely frugal and it cost us Vlad and Delgado. I hope he's got one hell of a Plan B. I have a feeling we are about to get a whole lot younger.

If Angelos wants Tex though it's going to be interesting to see if he's able to stay out of the picture...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If MacPhail doesn't want Tex's contract say goodbye to Tex now. I'm hoping he isn't Jim Beattie part II. Beattie was extremely frugal and it cost us Vlad and Delgado. I hope he's got one hell of a Plan B. I have a feeling we are about to get a whole lot younger...

Everyone is anxious to see what his first move will be.

I understand the reservations about extending Tex if we traded for him. Im sure at this point, MacPhail has not had a final decision on what he wants to do with this team. He has to look at the whole Orioles system, from Flanagan and Duquette all the way down to the Gulf Coast League. Not to mention that he needs to look at possible free agents in the upcoming offseason and prospects/veterans he may want to trade for at the deadline.

It would be a shame to handcuff ourselves by getting Tex and then not having enough money to say, resign Bedard or add another big time bat through free agency. The man has to be given time, and I would prefer him to be cautious right now with about a month of getting to know the team, then getting rid of some parts that may help us or adding contracts that could hurt us.

I understand the reservations about extending Tex if we traded for him. Im sure at this point, MacPhail has not had a final decision on what he wants to do with this team. He has to look at the whole Orioles system, from Flanagan and Duquette all the way down to the Gulf Coast League. Not to mention that he needs to look at possible free agents in the upcoming offseason and prospects/veterans he may want to trade for at the deadline.

It would be a shame to handcuff ourselves by getting Tex and then not having enough money to say, resign Bedard or add another big time bat through free agency. The man has to be given time, and I would prefer him to be cautious right now with about a month of getting to know the team, then getting rid of some parts that may help us or adding contracts that could hurt us.

Yeah he has had a good five weeks to look it over. Its not like this is his first time in the gig. And it doesnt take long to evaluate this team and its people. Hence why Flanny/Duq are still around to help him.

If his 1st move was pulling Tex for DCab+ then he would be off to a good start and have alot off supporters!

Do you think getting Teix and locking him up long term and getting Wieters signed, will improve our relationship with Boras?

Do you think getting Teix and locking him up long term and getting Wieters signed, will improve our relationship with Boras?
Lets see, 10% of $200M+ and 10% of ~$10M, yeah i think Boras would be a bit more pleased with the organization after that.

Orioleshangout.com - Where the O's don't have a chance but we like to think they do!

Its sad, when talking to my guy last night about the Bedard negotiations thing. I told him the reason why Bedard is probably getting low balled is because Angelos dosent believe in giving pitchers 15 mill per yr or long term deals. And he said thats why we have been losing for 10 years. I was like "Ouch."

Give people a break. If you don't like the treads, then don't click on them. It was obvious by the title what the thread was about. Just because you are tired of it doesn't mean the rest of us can't discuss the topic. Some threads get to be 13 pages long and some of us don't feel like spending half an hour looking through all of the posts just to be able to discuss a topic.

Do everyone a favor, if your tired of reading a certain subject on the message board, don't click the thread.

Let me ask you something: Does the story quoted in the OP even MENTION the Orioles as a possible suitor?

We need a single Tex rumor quarantine thread. Until actual reports emerge that we might be close to actually getting Tex, all this stuff is complete speculation. I don't have a problem with it, but I just want it all to be in one thread, so that if I feel like looking at Tex rumors, I know where to go. I will continue to be a lone wolf crying in the wildernerness for this if I have to be.

Its sad, when talking to my guy last night about the Bedard negotiations thing. I told him the reason why Bedard is probably getting low balled is because Angelos dosent believe in giving pitchers 15 mill per yr or long term deals. And he said thats why we have been losing for 10 years. I was like "Ouch."

In fairness to Angelos, though, long-term pitcher contracts seem to have a history of NOT being a good thing. How many pitcher contracts of 4 years or more have gone well...well enough that the pitcher has stayed healthy and productive throughout the duration of the contract? Some have, but I'd bet the vast majority have not.

That being said...I'd still try to get Bedard signed through 2011. I'd try to do it now. If he can sit down with McPhail and work something out, that would be great. If his impression of this organization is to the point where he won't re-sign, I'd look to move him for as much as we could get.

That doesn't mean we need 2 - 3 threads a day about the same subject; especially when you're really not adding anything new (not sure exactly how old this info is but I heard about it last week watching SportsCenter). It also seems odd to post this in the Orioles section considering the O's aren't even mentioned in the article.

Sorry you're too tired to look through old threads but that also doesn't mean you should start 3, 4, 8, whatever number of threads with the same info asking the same questions. That's just wasting board space.

If I came on line and did not see a trade for Tex thread, I think I might just start a whats the latest on Tex Thread. ;)

Archived