Heyman on Tex Trade Talks

Maverick2143

Teams are trading bigger packages for Tex because they know they will get 2 draft picks for him when it's all said and done (similar to Linebrink and SD)

I think Tex would be an insurance policy for the Angels in case they can't get ahold of A-Rod. They can spend the money to sign him long term.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From Jon Heyman:

Don't see the O's matching that. Another negative is that the Angels have the money to resign him if they don't go after A-Rod

Sorry if this has been posted before, didn't see any other threads

I just don't understand why the Angels want to deal Kotchman. The guy's having a pretty nice year, is a couple of years younger, and is a lot cheaper. This just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

I just don't understand why the Angels want to deal Kotchman. The guy's having a pretty nice year, is a couple of years younger, and is a lot cheaper. This just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Tex is a more proven commodity than Kotchman. Kotchman may not turn out to be as good as Tex or he could be better than him, however there is little doubt Tex is better now and will help them win this year.

Tex is a more proven commodity than Kotchman. Kotchman may not turn out to be as good as Tex or he could be better than him, however there is little doubt Tex is better now and will help them win this year.

Yea but how much does Tex improve the offense over Kotchman?

What about Santana? Yes, he has been awful this year but they may need him later, especially with Colon out and Weaver shaky early injury history.

Just not seeing how this is a good deal for them to make.

Yea but how much does Tex improve the offense over Kotchman?

What about Santana? Yes, he has been awful this year but they may need him later, especially with Colon out and Weaver shaky early injury history.

Just not seeing how this is a good deal for them to make.

I'm truly beginning to wonder if all these Tex trade ideas are just a bunch of BS. It sounds to me as if Texas might be floating some of these rumors out there to drive his price up.

I'm truly beginning to wonder if all these Tex trade ideas are just a bunch of BS. It sounds to me as if Texas might be floating some of these rumors out there to drive his price up.

I will go on record as saying i think Tex is a Ranger on August 1.

Archived