"Andele!" [Jomboy Breakdown of Hyde/Ray Incident]

Aristotelian

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

This is fun to watch because I love the game within the game, but Ray is way off base.

The sliders that weren't being swung on were uncompetitive and he was getting a lot of swings and misses. And besides, there was no one on second base so if you are tipping your pitches somehow or the catchers doesn't mask his signs well enough it's fair game to call pitches.

Yeah, with them yelling "Andele, andele" seems like they were just telling him to hurry up, not that they were trying to yell out pitch signals. Having pitched in Arizona I would expect his Spanish to be better. Even if they were calling out pitches that doesn't seem out of bounds unless he is accusing us of having a spy cam in the outfield. 

I thought it was a great moment in one of our best games of the season. Unfortunately the rest of the series went totally off the rails and the BJ's had the last laugh. 

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

This is fun to watch because I love the game within the game, but Ray is way off base.

The sliders that weren't being swung on were uncompetitive and he was getting a lot of swings and misses. And besides, there was no one on second base so if you are tipping your pitches somehow or the catchers doesn't mask his signs well enough it's fair game to call pitches.

I don't care about the bad language, big deal. I LOVE the way Hyde steps RIGHT UP for his players. In a millisecond.

I'm sure ALL the players noticed and appreciated it too.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I don't care about the bad language, big deal. I LOVE the way Hyde steps RIGHT UP for his players. In a millisecond.

If anything I'd rather he didn't apologize, although the way he worded it, one reading of it is that he was apologizing for getting caught.

9 minutes ago, foxfield said:

The contrarian view might be that the Orioles were in fact stealing or picking up and signaling the pitches and got caught.  I don’t think this is the case.  I don’t. 

But IF there was a team that that would try to cheat, do it badly and get caught…..I mean come on. 

Mets.

I wouldn't want to tangle with Hyde man. My favorite part was he just remained in full view in the dugout, like didn't even think about the cameras catching him (or maybe he did). Didn't try to hide his chirping at all. 

I don't really think he needed to apologize at all. Could have just said "it's unfortunate the audio picked me up, I'll try to not do that next time." The apology was classy but totally unnecessary IMO. 

17 hours ago, scOtt said:

There is a little doubt I'd want Hyde in my corner in an argument/fight. 

• Upvote 1