"Andele!" [Jomboy Breakdown of Hyde/Ray Incident]

Aristotelian

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

The contrarian view might be that the Orioles were in fact stealing or picking up and signaling the pitches and got caught.  I don’t think this is the case.  I don’t. 

But IF there was a team that that would try to cheat, do it badly and get caught…..I mean come on. 

It's not cheating to steal signs unless you are doing it electronically or through some kind of technology or spying with a camera or person from CF. If it's done from a tell or a catcher that doesn't hide his signs well, it's part of the game. Always has been.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

It's not cheating to steal signs unless you are doing it electronically or through some kind of technology or spying with a camera or person from CF. If it's done from a tell or a catcher that doesn't hide his signs well, it's part of the game. Always has been.

Of course.

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I remember how excited I was as a teenager to be sitting in good seats behind the visiting dugout at an Orioles game (back at Memorial, courtesy of my uncle), and picking up the “run/steal” sign from the third base coach halfway through the game which was some chest-hat-chest gesture. I told my uncle the next couple times the other team was going to run, and they did. He was impressed, and it almost felt perverse, like I had unlocked some secret knowledge. But honestly, if I was able to pick it up, it was probably just a lazy third-base coach. ?

• Haha 1