On 10/1/2021 at 7:57 PM, Ripken said:

Not any more.  

IP - 6
H - 7
ER - 4
BB - 3
SO - 3

That line looks vaguely familiar.

Look, the fact is he probably could have helped. To what degree? Not much, and he gets hit much, much harder in the AL east than in the NL east. Guaranteed.

Elias isn’t going to hit on every move he makes, but this is small stuff comparatively.

Edited by Il BuonO
Context

5 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Same expert analysis by posters on here calling Mullins a bum that can only hit from one side of the plate with a noodle arm and was a candidate to be DFA-ed last year.

That’s over-simplifying it.

Mullins DID hit like a bum in 2019 ( Not easy to be that bad in only 22 AB), and posted -0.5 WAR in limited action, a -9 OPS+ and 95 last year.

That he had the courage to give up something at which he wasn’t good says something about his humility and his work ethic, both positives for a ball player.

I, for one, thought he could be a 4th OF type, but only as a left fielder. The arm hasn’t changed and the team would be better served with him in LF. 

And that’s right, a DFA wouldn’t have been out of the question. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Same expert analysis by posters on here calling Mullins a bum that can only hit from one side of the plate with a noodle arm and was a candidate to be DFA-ed last year.

Can you tell me how you knew before this season that Mullins would be fantastic this year? I want to work for a MLB front office

• Haha 1