Biggest snub of Tony’s top 30?

bpilktree

Great topic.  Hudson Haskin was going to be mine but I see that he just snuck in there.

I'd say Zach Peek would be my top snub, followed by JD Mundy.  Both showed pretty good numbers as they begin to approach the upper minors.  I'm sure Tony has reasons for omitting them, but I would have thought that they would have found their way on to the back end of the list.

• Upvote 2

Just now, glenn__davis said:

Great topic.  Hudson Haskin was going to be mine but I see that he just snuck in there.

I'd say Zach Peek would be my top snub, followed by JD Mundy.  Both showed pretty good numbers as they begin to approach the upper minors.  I'm sure Tony has reasons for omitting them, but I would have thought that they would have found their way on to the back end of the list.

Peek and Mundy are good ones.  Completely forgot about Peek especially. 

I would take Servideo out…Peek or Ramirez in.  Still likely give Ramirez the nod.  To be honest, I’m not sure Baumann makes my top 30.  I would have to think about it.

4 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Yeah, you could make a case for any of those international guys - Ramirez, De Los Santos, Lara - I think those guys are still so far away that I get why they're not there yet though.

Agreed.  But since Tony did have some of them listed, there is is some precedence.  

That being said, I wouldn’t call it a snub either.  A snub suggests a mistake and I wouldn’t call it a mistake.

It’s nice that we can actually have this discussion.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Who would you remove though?  Servideo jumps out to me as someone to take off.  Not sure who else.

Like I said, I would seriously consider Baumann.

Even Bautista.  He’s got a good reliever profile but he’s not exactly young either.  And he hasn’t shown much up until this season.

I would go with Darell Hernaiz.   Just turned 20.   He held his own at 19 in low A.   He can play middle INF.   They say he has average tools across the board so the power may increase a bit as he matures.    I think his floor is probably a utility guy but I think he's got a chance to shoot up the board next year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

I think Mundy is top 20

• Upvote 1

I thought about it some and I think I would go Brnovich as my guy just because he put up solid numbers at both levels.  I know the stuff isn’t top notch or anything but when you are starter with a whip just above 1 and have 125ks to 26BB in 95 innings you have to know how to pitch.  

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I thought about it some and I think I would go Brnovich as my guy just because he put up solid numbers at both levels.  I know the stuff isn’t top notch or anything but when you are starter with a whip just above 1 and have 125ks to 26BB in 95 innings you have to know how to pitch.  

Damn, forgot about him too.  Good call .

2 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Those are good picks. Would also add Zach Watson.

Kind of boring but also Alex Wells. Still very solid AAA numbers. Disappointed in promotion to MLB but arguably better body of work than Lowther who is still top 15. Seems kinda harsh to drop him out of the top 30 altogether.  

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

Good pick.