Orioles signing Rougned Odor

Yardball85

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

If by poor man you mean drunk as **** and sleeping in a gutter...yes, he can be a poor man's Alfonso Soriano.

Fair enough.  A very poor man's Alfonso Soriano.  It's better than Ritchie Martin's poor man's version of Cesar Izturis.

2 minutes ago, Nite said:

Watching other rebuilding teams fill their holes with solutions that should last into the future while we're slapping duct tape on ours and giving the thumbs up. 

Most of those teams are going to be regretting those contracts in two years.  And they'll hinder their ability to compete then.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Well you're still poor either way. 

Hey.  Weren't you the guy who was talking about your high standards the other day?

Well, yeah, we're still bad.  Anybody selling Odor as the solution to that is wrong.

Was I?  I don't remember talking about high standards.  Maybe.  Context?

Just now, Pickles said:

Most of those teams are going to be regretting those contracts in two years.  And they'll hinder their ability to compete then.

Pretty sure Segar and Semien are going to be really good players still in 2-3 years. We can argue about the pitcher's signed but when it comes to position players you're good with consistency and those guys have it. 

I'm not asking for much. Bring up the kids that are ready, bring in a legit SS and 3B, patch work a prayer signing with some starter and see where we are. Then when we see where we are reassess and go from there next year. This perpetual stuck in neutral is exhausting. What if Adly and Grayson are the real deal? I'd rather have something around them when it matters and not scrambling around when we realize we got something. If they're busts then you just blow it up again. At least you can say you tried.

1 minute ago, Nite said:

Pretty sure Segar and Semien are going to be really good players still in 2-3 years. We can argue about the pitcher's signed but when it comes to position players you're good with consistency and those guys have it. 

I'm not asking for much. Bring up the kids that are ready, bring in a legit SS and 3B, patch work a prayer signing with some starter and see where we are. Then when we see where we are reassess and go from there next year. This perpetual stuck in neutral is exhausting. What if Adly and Grayson are the real deal? I'd rather have something around them when it matters and not scrambling around when we realize we got something. If they're busts then you just blow it up again. At least you can say you tried.

I can't disagree with what you're saying because your position is one that is rooted in emotion, and frankly, it is an emotion I share with you.

I'm tired of losing too.  We all are.