Ryan Mountcastle's Most Similar Batters List

Pickles

2 hours ago, justD said:

I’m hoping Borgschulte’s occlusion training can help players like Mountcastle in particular with pitch selection and chase rate out of the zone.  

It's very interesting what he's bringing to the organization. Assuming we are going to get a big league season this year, it will be interesting to see if the occlusion training can help players like Mountcastle, Hays and Santander with better swing decisions.

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2021 at 7:30 AM, waroriole said:

Unless he’s a consistent .900 hitter at 1B, it’s not very pleasing. So far he hasn’t shown the patience to be able to hit at that level. 

Baseball is not full of consistent .900 OPS hitters at 1B, unless I’ve missed something.   Over the last five years, among 1B with 1000 PA, only Paul Goldschmidt and Freddie Freeman have averaged a .900 OPS.   

At the same time, I’d certainly agree that .796 isn’t taking home any prizes.   Let’s remember Mountcastle is still young and learning.   It’s certainly realistic to hope he can be an .850+ guy down the road.  

• 3 weeks later...