OH Trade Ideas> Come Inside

Greg Pappas

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How have we given Penn too many chances? He has only had two shots at the majors.

Besides, I dont think you will get Wilson for just one of Liz or Penn AND they wont eat any salary. There were asking for a two top 10 prospects from the Dodgers.

Well that's ridiculous...Wilson definitely isn't worth that.

I just feel like every spring Penn is mentioned, and every spring something happens, injury, non-performance, etc.

O's trade:

Olson, Scott

Padres trade:

Peavy

Cubs trade:

Pie, Cedeno, Marquis, Vitters, Marshall, Fontenot

---------------------------------------

O's get:

Pie, Cedeno, Marshall

Padres get:

Olson, Fontenot, Vitters, Marquis

Cubs get:

Peavy, Scott

This is a HORRIBLE deal. The Padres are trading Peavy to shed payroll, not take it on. Marquis would have to go to the Orioles and Marshall goes to the Padres. The Padres would also get Kevin Hart from the Cubs.

O's trade:

Olson, Scott

Padres trade:

Peavy

Cubs trade:

Pie, Cedeno, Marquis, Vitters, Marshall, Fontenot

---------------------------------------

O's get:

Pie, Cedeno, Marshall

Padres get:

Olson, Fontenot, Vitters, Marquis

Cubs get:

Peavy, Scott

More likely:

O's get: Pie

Padres get: Olson, Marshall, Vitters, Cedeno, Hart

Cubs get: Peavy

That seems to be the basic framework as of now.

Now if the O's want to make Scott available in a separate trade, the Cubs would have Marquis, Hill, Guzman, Wuertz amongst others left to trade. Perhaps one side or the other would push for both trades to be combined, but I doubt it.

No chance of these happening....Huff for Wood is possible though IMO.

Sure it is, desperation could be a good thing.

They still have 6-8 SP candidates and will sorely need the offense if/when they miss out on Tex. They also could be losing Rivera and Anderson so Huff's limited OF flexibility could appeal to them.

Like anybody on here is going to craft a trade proposal that actually gets done in the real world.

More sarcasm? Sure! How about: "We should definitely trade Brian Roberts."

Two things.

First... If you don't like a thread, don't post in it. If you have nothing relevant to add, seek a more interesting thread elsewhere.

Second... Try harder to be less disrespectful after you've been called out for being inappropriate. Taking up an attitude with a moderator/staff member is another no-no.

I think we've given Penn too many chances as it is (ala DCab), and Liz, I dunno, I just have a feeling he isn't going to amount to much....maybe a closer one day, but as a starter, nah.

What if the Bucs ate some of Wilson's salary? What would you send them Greg?

Hmmm... I prefer other options to Wilson, so I'm not high on his potential acquisition.

Sure it is, desperation could be a good thing.

They still have 6-8 SP candidates and will sorely need the offense if/when they miss out on Tex. They also could be losing Rivera and Anderson so Huff's limited OF flexibility could appeal to them.

They aren't that desperate.

Roberts and Walker for Asdrubal Cabrera and Beau Mills

I think the O's would have to throw in a boat load of money. At this point, I'd settle for Roberts for Cabrera - with them tossing in Josh Barfield. Realistically, that's as good as we can expect to get - and we get that only until they realize Peralta (sp?) shouldn't be playing SS.

Archived