When will the O's compete for the Playoffs?

LookinUp

When will the O's Compete for the Playoffs?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. When will the O's Compete for the Playoffs?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/22 at 00:25

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

Pretty much impossible to answer without knowing how willing they are to add payroll.

Right. We have to make assumptions.

My assumption is this will be primarily an internal rebuild, which means our players will likely need a couple of years after getting here before really crushing it. That's certainly not true of all of them, but it's also true that several of our prospects just aren't likely to turn out to be that good. 

2025 based on my assumption that they're not going to add much from outside of the org.

On 3/22/2022 at 6:45 PM, Can_of_corn said:

You know I'm not privy to that information.

I believe that Peter isn't making any decisions in regards to the team.

I don't think that Georgia is making any decisions in regards to the team.

That would leave the sons.

John has brought Billy Joel and now Paul McCartney to Camden Yards Peter hated those evil rock and roll hooligans 

I do believe it is time to focus on the performance of the ML team.  I have not been as concerned about the most recent teams, given the difficulties of the pandemic.  But I think this year matters and while there are multiple ways to improve, spending for some pitching when we clearly do not have enough seems to make sense to me.

Perhaps the plan is to make several moves as this season progresses.  But it is pretty clear, the baseball world is tired of what the Orioles are doing and the only way to really push back that narrative is to begin showing signs of success in the results column.

So, again, it is time to focus on the results of the ML team.  So, I believe the plan is not working if we cannot compete for a 6th playoff position by 2023.