Kyle Bradish 2022

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Sometimes I wonder if all Orioles fans are bi-polar, or is it just members of this forum?

Change "Orioles" in your sentence above to "sports" and it would be more accurate.  Fan is short for fanatic.  Don't take it personally, everyone here is pulling for Bradish.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

In all honesty, some of this is understandable, particularly for people who just look at stats (without context) and regurgitate the same drivel that some scout wrote 4 years ago or a comment by some twenty year old with a website.

Dude!  I just realized that's an exchange you and I had last year. You're still hung up on that? I don't even remember the observation I gave that upset you, but I do know I responded that I had never read another scout's report on Bradish. Which is still true. I get not liking some of the comments that were made after his second start....I cringed too when I read them. But you can't take everything you read too seriously......even (or especially) the crap that I say. 

7 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Dude!  I just realized that's an exchange you and I had last year. You're still hung up on that? I don't even remember the observation I gave that upset you, but I do know I responded that I had never read another scout's report on Bradish. Which is still true. I get not liking some of the comments that were made after his second start....I cringed too when I read them. But you can't take everything you read too seriously......even (or especially) the crap that I say. 

Probably a relative or friend.

10 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Nothing to do with you, in fact I don't even remember that exchange.

It is just funny when I read the same things (not just on this forum) or hear the same things from professional announcers who are shocked that he throws a fast ball faster than 90 because they are reading from a scouting report from 4 years ago. Just lazy and sloppy.

But, it's all good!

Ultimately, nothing said on this forum (or any other) impacts the success or failure of ANY player.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

You directly quoted an expletive, can you source it for me?  I don't recall anyone saying anything of the sort. 

I think you are in general overstating the response to his second start, this is a message board, that is kinda how they operate. 

Read the 5/4 game thread.

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nothing to do with you, in fact I don't even remember that exchange.

It is just funny when I read the same things (not just on this forum) or hear the same things from professional announcers who are shocked that he throws a fast ball faster than 90 because they are reading from a scouting report from 4 years ago. Just lazy and sloppy.

But, it's all good!

Ultimately, nothing said on this forum (or any other) impacts the success or failure of ANY player.

Ok, we’re good. I kinda latched onto Bradish after seeing his first starts last season, so I’m taking extra pleasure at watching him succeed. I always find it funny when you hear announcers repeating the same factoids about players because they’re all reading from the same profiles. All sports. Just looking for ways to fill the silence. Im sure it will be years before they stop referencing the Bundy trade. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh, you miss quoted someone.

Got it.

Not sure why you changed the word choice to be more vulgar but thanks for telling me where the inspiration for your "quote" came from.

Just looked through that game thread and that’s not where I read the comments that caught my attention (and I’m sure that he’s referring to). Not sure which thread it was, but it wasn’t good form. 

1 minute ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Just looked through that game thread and that’s not where I read the comments that caught my attention. Not sure which thread it was, but it wasn’t good form. 

I'm not defending any of the comments. 

I would just rather if someone is acting like they are quoting someone, for it to be accurate.

Well and if I can't curse I don't anyone else to either.  😉

I've not said much about Bradish one way or the other.  It's been real promising so far but it's only been a few games.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Finisher said:

Who was even negative in this thread other than emmett in response to Bradish's post game interview? Weird post by Lurker. I'm guessing that's Kyle's friend or family member. Reminds me of the player's mom who used to post here and berate anyone who was remotely negative about him (pitcher who flamed out with the Angels, forget this name).

Family and close friends rarely look at things objectively. Lurker won't be the first or last person to get upset at criticisms directed towards their player. It's human nature to be defensive over someone you know, especially because you know how hard they have worked to get to the majors. 

• Upvote 3