Kyle Bradish 2022

Tony-OH

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm sure Elias was gritting his teeth when he had to make this call.  

Anyway, round 2 of the NFL draft is tonight which is a quandry for me.  I'd rather watch the draft but Bradish throws a bit of a monkey wrench into the whole thing.  I suppose I can have the draft on the TV and stream the game on my computer.  

See...that's the beauty of not caring about any other sport. It makes decisions easier. Good luck to you in your juggling act tonight. 

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

In terms of debut rollout management, in the case of Kyle Bradish, the Orioles announced about 24 hours before the happening itself.

Will be curious to see if Grayson and Adley are in that ballpark when the time comes.

If they don't want the Twins to "know" it is Grayson Monday, repeating the Bradish timeline might be an after the Sunday afternoon gametime announcement.   Of course by then we will know if the takes the Sunday start for the Tides.

I think Grayson will be announced several days in advance.   He’s much more of a potential ticket draw than Bradish.  

39 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Anyway, round 2 of the NFL draft is tonight which is a quandry for me.  I'd rather watch the draft but Bradish throws a bit of a monkey wrench into the whole thing.  I suppose I can have the draft on the TV and stream the game on my computer.  

I’ve never really understood why watching a draft is interesting, especially after your team makes its first pick.  There’s way too much dead time between your team’s picks to keep me interested.  

44 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Plus Dying Fetus is playing at the Baltimore Soundstage. Unfortunately in life we all have to make tough decisions  

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s an actual band’s name?  Ugh.   

I had the same reaction when I heard about Air Supply.

I'm aware of Dying Fetus but I'm not a fan.  Probably the most obnoxious name for a band I actually listen to is Throbbing Gristle or Master Musicians of Bukkake.

50 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

See...that's the beauty of not caring about any other sport. It makes decisions easier. Good luck to you in your juggling act tonight. 

Yeah, imagine caring about another team in another sport as much as the Orioles and they're even WORSE.  You're better off.

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ve never really understood why watching a draft is interesting, especially after your team makes its first pick.  There’s way too much dead time between your team’s picks to keep me interested.  

It's a whole spectacle.  

33 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Plus Dying Fetus is playing at the Baltimore Soundstage. Unfortunately in life we all have to make tough decisions  

The more and more we go on here with the Orioles doing less and less winning, the easier and easier those decisions become.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I had the same reaction when I heard about Air Supply.

I'm aware of Dying Fetus but I'm not a fan.  Probably the most obnoxious name for a band I actually listen to is Throbbing Gristle or Master Musicians of Bukkake.

I remember the Dead Kennedy’s.  Morbidly amusing, but ultimately it’s in bad taste.   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I remember the Dead Kennedy’s.  Morbidly amusing, but ultimately it’s in bad taste.   

Funny you mentioned the Dead Kennedy's. Maybe at least you can make this show at the Baltimore Soundstage  

The Official Website For Dead Kennedys Tour
http://www.deadkennedys.com/tours.html

Sun, JUN 12
Baltimore Soundstage
Baltimore, MD

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Funny you mentioned the Dead Kennedy's. Maybe at least you can make this show at the Baltimore Soundstage  

The Official Website For Dead Kennedys Tour
http://www.deadkennedys.com/tours.html

Sun, JUN 12
Baltimore Soundstage
Baltimore, MD

I had no idea they were still performing.  But truthfully, I don’t follow the music scene closely at all.    For me any band that was formed after I got married in 1987 is probably one I know very little about, unless it’s one of a handful that my kids happened to play a lot when they still lived at home (Green Day and They Might Be Giants come to mind).   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I had no idea they were still performing.  But truthfully, I don’t follow the music scene closely at all.    For me any band that was formed after I got married in 1987 is probably one I know very little about, unless it’s one of a handful that my kids happened to play a lot when they still lived at home (Green Day and They Might Be Giants come to mind).   

They took over a decade (87-00) off and then returned, as many bands do, for the nostalgia gravy circuit.  They haven't released an album of new material since '86.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They took over a decade (87-00) off and then returned, as many bands do, for the nostalgia gravy circuit.  They haven't released an album of new material since '86.

Even then, I remember the band more for its name than its music.  I couldn’t name a song of theirs, though it’s probable that I heard a few back in the day.