Most Likely Candidates to be removed from the 40-man roster

Tony-OH

The Orioles 40-man roster is at it's max and we know for a fact that a back up catcher will be added so at least one player is getting DFA'd. If The Orioles keep Owings, they would need another.

Looking at the roster, Rougnad Odor is doing everything he can to play himself off the 40-man and be released, but I still get this feeling they are trying to keep him.

If it's not Odor these are the guys that I think have the most chance to be DFA'd.

1. Logan Gillaspie - Not sure he was put on in the first place and his quick exit from the camp tells me he didn't impress that much.
2. Isaac Mattson - I still don't get the love for him. 
3. Jahmai Jones  - He's redundant and his defense is poor at 2B. He's way down the line for playing time at 2B.
4. Alex Wells - Stuff is just so below average that he very well make it through waivers.

6 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Does this mean Odor is a lock? I gotta agree with most on here, upside is minimal and can only play one position, much rather see a random rookie. 

I don't see any way the keep both Owings and Odor. 

49 minutes ago, connja said:

I don't see any way the keep both Owings and Odor. 

Owings is on a mil deal. He can go to AAA, between the two, I’d go Owings bc this team is going to have atrocious pitching (not sure people realize how bad) so much rather have better d /versatility.

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Owings is on a mil deal. He can go to AAA, between the two, I’d go Owings bc this team is going to have atrocious pitching (not sure people realize how bad) so much rather have better d /versatility.

I mean we were all alive last year.  Presumably.

How much worse do you expect the pitching to be this year?

I actually expect them to be better.

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

I mean we were all alive last year.  Presumably.

How much worse do you expect the pitching to be this year?

I actually expect them to be better.

Alive is debatable :) I think worse bc I think injuries/lack of depth is going to force many waiver claims/4a fodder starts. If not, we are going to hurt the development of arms. Elias isn’t hard to figure out. He might be improving other aspects, but the starting pitching determines wins in baseball more than anything else and ours is bad, real bad and that’s with no injuries (I promise, there will be many). 

I am with Corn here, going to be brutal to watch. 

8 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Alive is debatable :) I think worse bc I think injuries/lack of depth is going to force many waiver claims/4a fodder starts. If not, we are going to hurt the development of arms. Elias isn’t hard to figure out. He might be improving other aspects, but the starting pitching determines wins in baseball more than anything else and ours is bad, real bad and that’s with no injuries (I promise, there will be many). 

I am with Corn here, going to be brutal to watch. 

Well, we partially agree.

The pitching is bad and is going to be brutal to watch.

I just don't think it's going to any worse than last season.  I think it will be marginally better.