Elias expects hitting to be good and pitching to struggle

Sports Guy

9 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Huh? He literally is the only reason we have any offense minus the average. 

He has a 592 OPS, which is 5 points lower than the team OPS of 597.

Santander leads the team with an 895 OPS.  The next highest is Mountcastle…677.

Mancini has been hitting the ball well and has been hitting into a lot of bad luck.

But outside of Santander, everyone has sucked so far production wise.

On 4/13/2022 at 10:15 PM, glenn__davis said:

In fairness they've faced 2 really good pitching staffs and had a TON of loud outs.  I think the bats have been a bit better than the results have shown.  That RISP number will turn. 

Savant is giving early 2022 numbers now, and Orioles are Bottom Five at actual wOBA lagging xwOBA.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/expected_statistics?type=batter-team&year=2022&position=&team=&min=q&sort=11&sortDir=desc

I've enjoyed seeing Orioles pitching hold its own against Brewers and Yankees pitching, and hopeful the Bats will give them a few runs to work with in Oakland.    Maybe not tonight so much with Montas, but overall I feel Marcos Diplan and all we're better than them this week.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

How many ST ABs did everyone get, 40ish?  I remember hearing from hitters in the past that it takes about 100 combined ABs in ST and the beginning of the season to get in the groove.  Given a short ST guys are probably two weeks behind.

What about the other 29 teams in the league?   78 OPS+ is relative to the other teams.   Tied for last in runs per game is relative to other teams.   They all had the same short spring training.  

• Upvote 1

17 teams have a sub 700 OPS and 12 are sub 670.

Last year, in the month of April, 5 teams were sub 700 and no one was under 670.

Obviously a long ways to go for the month for these numbers to catch up but the early indications are the batters are behind the pitchers after missing so much time.

• Upvote 1