Kyle Stowers 2022

Tony-OH

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Such easy power. Good to see him get it going again. Obviously he had quite the slump, but he's back to being the guy we thought he was. 

He kind of jumps at the ball when he hits them.   Pretty slim guy to have that much power.  

Charlotte's 280 Runs Allowed are International League worst by about 50 over next most generous pitching staff, so maybe a little Gleyber against O's a few years back element to the big week, but beating up on the weaker pitchers is part of what the stronger hitters are supposed to do.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Gotta think the next OF called up if there is an injury. If not, he’s going to have to wait till the deadline. Dude is killing it. 

Ya, barring a serious injury to one of our established outfielders I have to think Stowers will be in AAA until the trade deadline no matter how well he's playing. I expect either Mullins or Santander will be dealt, and the promotion to Baltimore will follow. 

20 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Ya, barring a serious injury to one of our established outfielders I have to think Stowers will be in AAA until the trade deadline no matter how well he's playing. I expect either Mullins or Santander will be dealt, and the promotion to Baltimore will follow. 

I’m thinking Mancini and Santander are dealt with Stowers getting full time ABs and McKenna/Diaz/Neustrom fighting for the other ABs. Diaz is out of options. He just needs to get healthy. 

9 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Charlotte's 280 Runs Allowed are International League worst by about 50 over next most generous pitching staff, so maybe a little Gleyber against O's a few years back element to the big week, but beating up on the weaker pitchers is part of what the stronger hitters are supposed to do.

Good hitters also use weaker pitching to help get out of a funk and then hit better pitching. Lets see if he can do that now. 

On 5/23/2022 at 7:07 AM, Aristotelian said:

April showers brings May Stowers? That'll help the OPS. First one was lefty on lefty, nice!

Stowers has always been a good hitter against lefties. That's one of the reason I liked him so much.

Saying that, what we've seen is that he can be very steaky. When he's on, he can carry a team, when he's off it's going to be a K fest. 

Over his last seven games he's been ungodly hot (.464/.559/1.214/1.773 w 6 HR, 6 BB and 6 K's in 3 PAs) finished off with his three homer game on Sunday.

People still underrate him but he's got a chance to be an impact everyday RFer. The problem right now is there is no place for him to play with Mancini and Santander still on the roster. The one thing I have noticed is the Orioles have been playing him CF a lot this year. He hasn't looked out of place but doesn't have the ideal footspeed that you would like out there. Saying that, he can be ok as a backup out there giving the Orioles more flexibility.

• Upvote 1