Kyle Stowers 2022

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, orioles22 said:

I know batting average isn't a thing these days, but I'd like to see someone hitting better than .260 when there is no reason to hurry.

It’s funny that the pitching mindset is that it’s ok to give up solo HRs but the hitting approach seems to mostly about hitting solo HR.  Weird spot in the industry trends.

54 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

It’s funny that the pitching mindset is that it’s ok to give up solo HRs but the hitting approach seems to mostly about hitting solo HR.  Weird spot in the industry trends.

I think it's more an industry wide recognition that stringing together several base hits to lead to multiple run innings is a rare occurrence. So hitters are hunting homers because it's an automatic run, and pitchers know they will give up some homeruns, but as long as they are only solo shots the damage will be limited

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, coe76 said:

Hope he continues to progress.  Not sure we need him immediately but by the September callups he should be in Baltimore

Don’t the rosters only increase by two now?   If that’s the case, I’m not sure another OF would be the choice.  

On 5/28/2022 at 1:35 PM, Frobby said:

Don’t the rosters only increase by two now?   If that’s the case, I’m not sure another OF would be the choice.  

If Mancini or Santander are traded, I expect to see him called up.  I think at least one of them will be traded.

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Stowers looking real comfortable at the plate.  Continues to stay hot.  Three hits tonight (two doubles).  OPS back up over .900.   

Can't be. He's in the so-so group!

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Can't be. He's in the so-so group!

He’s been streaky.  I had him in my “down” group a couple of weeks ago and within hours had to move him to the “up” group.  I think his floor is DJ Stewart with much better defense.  

44 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He’s been streaky.  I had him in my “down” group a couple of weeks ago and within hours had to move him to the “up” group.  I think his floor is DJ Stewart with much better defense.  

Call me irrationally positive, but I think he could be Mountcastleish w/ the bat, but w/ good defense in corner OF.

45 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Call me irrationally positive, but I think he could be Mountcastleish w/ the bat, but w/ good defense in corner OF.

I wouldn't give him a Mountcastle comp only because his plate discipline and patience is much better but his bat to ball skills aren't as good.   But his overall offensive game might be equivalent if things go well.

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m hoping his floor is Luke Scott with much better defense. Scott was also very streaky.  Bat Stowers 6th just like Scott. A streaky bat can carry a team for a week. 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m hoping his floor is Luke Scott with much better defense. Scott was also very streaky.  Bat Stowers 6th just like Scott. A streaky bat can carry a team for a week. 

Yea, I hope his floor is a guy that played nine years in the majors but with better defense.

What are you hoping for his ceiling?