Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

5 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Sure..but thats not happening either.  Not over a little bit of money.  You aren't going to go to college, risk injury, push yourself another year away from the majors (and thus another year away from FA) over a little bit of money.  

You never know.  Torkelson had no leverage but he still managed to force the Tigers to pay him full slot.  Jones has the advantage of having a father who’s a multi-millionaire, so he could afford to take a risk in a way that not many guys can.   

That said, I’ll worry about all this on draft day.   Getting all worked up about what the Orioles might do is just a waste of energy.  We will hear dozens of rumors between now and draft day, almost all total BS speculation.  

Today's Triple-A scoreboard has him Probable for Tides, so we'll get another day of Statcast readings as a silver lining.

He'd be helpful getting the Orioles through 45 innings in 4 days in Fenway, but I really don't think Elias is going to go there.    The Cardinals tried spotting their Liberatore at Pittsburgh and even the Pirates bloodied him a little.

Turn 9 today will finish about a third of what I feel will be ~27 starts this year if all goes well.   It'd also run his May Game Log to 7-12-17-22, not something I thought I'd see this year.   Maybe the quick cadence brings Turns 28-31 into play with in game allotments not seeming too strenuous.

Norfolk is home with Gwinnett next week.   I don't believe his MLB debut will be at the end of a long streak of 4-days rest appearances, but if they give him 5 days rest and pitch him Saturday 5/28, maybe Buck Britton has another one of those weekend dramas to put on.   Another 5 days after that would be Friday 6/3, possibly leading off the Cleveland series on a Camden Yards fireworks night.

28 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

First 3 innings, 51 pitches.

23 4-seams averaging 95.9.    He didn't have a clean shutdown Bottom of the 3rd after being given a 6-0 lead.

Gutierrez should have been recalled by now. I never get excited about orioles SP prospects but he’s filthy. 

98.6 on pitch 86 finishing off the 6th inning with a strikeout - 9/1 K/BB.     The 98.6 is his fastest of the game per Statcast, so perhaps emptying tank there.

Elias literally just said close to 100 is where they want him to get, having acknowledged at the start of the visit he only saw his status through five innings.

Pregame show touted 87 max pitch count in prior outing.     Will he get to have some of the 7th inning?

25 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Gutierrez should have been recalled by now. I never get excited about orioles SP prospects but he’s filthy. 

Meant Rodriquez 

5 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

98.6 on pitch 86 finishing off the 6th inning with a strikeout - 9/1 K/BB.

Elias literally just said close to 100 is where they want him to get, having acknowledged at the start of the visit he only saw his status through five innings.

Pregame show touted 87 max pitch count in prior outing.     Will he get to have some of the 7th inning?

Yep, funny timing:) Elias always seems quick to leave and avoid questions. Why couldn’t he have stayed another half inning and answer questions?

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

98.6 on pitch 86 finishing off the 6th inning with a strikeout - 9/1 K/BB.     The 98.6 is his fastest of the game per Statcast, so perhaps emptying tank there.

Most of the O's starters haven't gotten to 100 pitches yet.  I'm not sure what the reason would be that Grayson has to get to 100 pitches.  Kid, you have to get to 100 pitches to get to the majors, but we got you on an 80 pitch count. 

In booth during the half-inning visit, Palmer got out a Grayson Boston type question, and "odd" was the word in the Elias response I noted most as his label on the concept of unveiling someone in Boston.   I think he gave New York that kind of honorific too answering about letting Adley get his feet under him before the roadtrip.

Nothing odd about starting wounded Spenser Watkins in Fenway, or any MLB game, of course.

Nice seeing Grayson still had his 98 at 80+ pitches.