Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

International League K-BB% leading figures:

30-26-25-23-21-21-20-20-18-18

Liberatore's a 21 and Meyer's an 18.

Qualified MLB figures today:

31 McClanahan (Sunday opponent?!?!), 30 Gausman, 29 Burnes, 28 Rodon, 28 Cease, 26 Scherzer

Obviously MLB Bats far far better than AAA Bats.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

GR is up to #4 on the MLB pipeline top 100 list. AR is #1. Tork is about to graduate in a few days. We will have the #1 and #3 overall top prospects, with the #1 pick in hand. Just as they graduate, I think Druw Jones will enter lists in the top 10-15 range. 

OK, but where will Brooks Lee be ranked?

11 minutes ago, gold21030 said:

Is anyone other than Keith Law saying that?

I do believe Baseball America had a blurb they said "industry sources" believe that the Orioles will cut an underslot deal with Berry.

but industry officials believe the Orioles were targeting Louisiana State third baseman Jacob Berry for an under-slot deal with the No. 1 pick before Berry suffered a broken finger in his right hand during practice last week. Berry’s injury has created lots of uncertainty about what the Orioles will now do with the top overall pick.

Just absolutely disgusting if they go that route.  In no way can you argue that Berry is the best player on their board or that he is close to the top guys either.  Just a total failure on the Os part if thats how they go.

I mean, who exactly do you expect to drop that you have to go super cheap with 1:1?

When you lose on purpose, you don't do it to get a shot at a player who should have gone top 25 and you get him at 45.  You lose on purpose to land top flight, upper echelon, elite talent.  Otherwise, the overall strategy is absolutely stupid and unjustifiable.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Just absolutely disgusting if they go that route.  In no way can you argue that Berry is the best player on their board or that he is close to the top guys either.  Just a total failure on the Os part if thats how they go.

I mean, who exactly do you expect to drop that you have to go super cheap with 1:1.

When you lose on purpose, you don't do it to get a shot at a player who should have gone top 25 and you get him at 45.  You lose on purpose to land top flight, upper echelon, elite talent.  Otherwise, the overall strategy is absolutely stupid and unjustifiable.

The O's have the largest pool.  They can pay slot at 1-1 and still have money to pay someone overslot later in the draft.

This would be hubris.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

The O's have the largest pool.  They can pay slot at 1-1 and still have money to pay someone overslot later in the draft.

This would be hubris.

And again, they won't have to pay slot.  No way that Jones or anyone else is turning down 8-8.5M.  He isn't going to go to college for 3 years over 500K or so.  Zero chance.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I mean, who exactly do you expect to drop that you have to go super cheap with 1:1.

Mayo has a new mock draft with us taking Jackson Holliday. I hope he winds up being wrong. I'm extremely worried that Elias is still enamored with his underslot strategy. Kjerstad and Cowser were mistakes in my opinion. We need to take BPA and go with Druw Jones.

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And again, they won't have to pay slot.  No way that Jones or anyone else is turning down 8-8.5M.  He isn't going to go to college for 3 years over 500K or so.  Zero chance.

They could go to CC and go back into the draft next year.

Sure..but thats not happening either.  Not over a little bit of money.  You aren't going to go to college, risk injury, push yourself another year away from the majors (and thus another year away from FA) over a little bit of money.  

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Sure..but thats not happening either.  Not over a little bit of money.  You aren't going to go to college, risk injury, push yourself another year away from the majors (and thus another year away from FA) over a little bit of money.  

I think it is very unlikely.