Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

On 5/27/2022 at 11:30 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

Only a little over 2 weeks and the O's avoid Super 2 status on GrayRod.  With this last start, it's starting to look suspicious that they are doing exactly that.  It's not like the O's could use another starter now with Means done for the season and Watkins on the IL and Bradish looking like crap.

It's pretty clear they will wait for this now. As much as he's ready, why would they not wait two more weeks and avoid that Super 2 status?

On 5/28/2022 at 5:19 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Because it'd be the wrong thing to do.  /s

In your opinion. From a business standpoint, which the Orioles are a business and Elias knows this very well, it makes total sense at this point.

I'd like to see him pitching in the majors as soon as possible, but I understand from the Orioles business side that they are not going to promote him before then when they are so close. 

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

In your opinion. From a business standpoint, which the Orioles are a business and Elias knows this very well, it makes total sense at this point.

I'd like to see him pitching in the majors as soon as possible, but I understand from the Orioles business side that they are not going to promote him before then when they are so close. 

I agree the Super 2 may be a small part of the delay and I agree that the business side is a big part of it but I have a different take.

Elias has waited all this time to get a 7th year of Grayson.   But Elias is still not comfortable he has that in the bag yet.   The thing about Grayson being the top rated pitcher in the minors is that it makes him a leading candidate for Rookie of the Year.   If he ends up in the top two at the end of the season there goes the 7th year.

If you look at the Rookie candidates there is not someone that Grayson could not pass during the season for ROY.  Not yet.   Joe Ryan is doing well.  Most of the hitters have had slow starts.   And rookies go into slumps so nothing is in the bag yet if Grayson comes up and has a fast start.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I agree the Super 2 may be a small part of the delay and I agree that the business side is a big part of it but I have a different take.

Elias has waited all this time to get a 7th year of Grayson.   But Elias is still not comfortable he has that in the bag yet.   The thing about Grayson being the top rated pitcher in the minors is that it makes him a leading candidate for Rookie of the Year.   If he ends up in the top two at the end of the season there goes the 7th year.

If you look at the Rookie candidates there are not someone that Grayson could not pass during the season for ROY.  Not yet.   Joe Ryan is doing well.  Most of the hitters have had slow starts.   And rookies go into slumps so nothing is in the bag yet if Grayson comes up and has a fast start.

I would not doubt this as well which is why after the All-Star break unfortunately could be the time he brings him up. Saying that, if he keeps dominating, I think once he thinks he has super 2 avoidance in the bag, he'll bring him up.

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Damn, I have dinner plans tonight.   Maybe I’ll be able to catch an inning or two before I go.

A choice between eating and watching the O's Top Pitching Prospect.   We will see  where your priority are.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

A choice between eating and watching the O's Top Pitching Prospect.   We will see  where your priority are.

Having a previously arranged dinner with a student I mentored during law school and who recently graduated.   Yeah, I think it’s a higher priority than watching Rodriguez pitch another AAA game.  But I wish I could do both.   This dinner already got postponed once.

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Having a previously arranged dinner with a student I mentored during law school and who recently graduated.   Yeah, I think it’s a higher priority than watching Rodriguez pitch another AAA game.  But I wish I could do both.   This dinner already got postponed once.

Is he an Orioles Fan?

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Congratulations!

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Dinner and watching milb together.  Why make a choice.  😋