Orioles option DJ Stewart

Legend_Of_Joey

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Stewart has been absolutely killing AAA pitching, to the tune of .347/.484/.633.   Had a stint on the IL, so he’s only played in 18 games, but he has 4 homers and 12 RBI in those games.   

It would be nice to have a pinch hitter on the bench instead of Bannon. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AlbNYfan said:

That's great. IMO, move on. He has shown little at the ML level and has no playable position at the ML level and many players in the wings ready for their chance. He was a disappointing #1 selection.

We should trade him to the Giants, I’m sure he’d do well there.   

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We should trade him to the Giants, I’m sure he’d do well there.   

It's possible he becomes something with another team but it's tough to see how he fits or gets another chance with this one.

8 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Mancini traded at deadline, Stewart called up to DH because they want Stowers to play the field, hits well. 

Santander, Mullins, or Hays need to go to make room for Stowers. Also, Adley DH’s quite a bit. Hard to find full time AB’s for Stewart.  Of course, where there’s a will there’s a way. I’m just not sure how much of a will there is.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Santander, Mullins, or Hays need to go to make room for Stowers. Also, Adley DH’s quite a bit. Hard to find full time AB’s for Stewart.  Of course, where there’s a will there’s a way. I’m just not sure how much of a will there is.

No they don’t.  You can easily play Stowers 4-5 times a week with the team as is.  Rotating guys and resting players should occur.  And I bet even if you got rid of one of those guys, Stowers is still only going to play 4ish times a week.

Good to seem him playing well. The beginning of the season was odd - No starts and pinch hit at-bats in only a handful of games before he got sent down - then hurt. Not like he failed in a fair chance.

He’s a good kid and has kept a good attitude. I think if his body type looked a little more athletic he’d get more latitude from the fan base.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

No they don’t.  You can easily play Stowers 4-5 times a week with the team as is.  Rotating guys and resting players should occur.  And I bet even if you got rid of one of those guys, Stowers is still only going to play 4ish times a week.

Wanna bet that Stowers doesn't get called up until one of the regulars gets dealt?

3 hours ago, pdiddy said:

Good to seem him playing well. The beginning of the season was odd - No starts and pinch hit at-bats in only a handful of games before he got sent down - then hurt. Not like he failed in a fair chance.

He’s a good kid and has kept a good attitude. I think if his body type looked a little more athletic he’d get more latitude from the fan base.

I think two things about Stewart and he may have fixed both.   One, he was too passive at the plate.  He let good pitches go by.  Second, he had a little bit of a loopy swing and was missing fastballs a lot.    I saw a recent homer of his and his swing looked a little more direct to the ball.  Also, judging by his walks totals and his numbers it looks like MAYBE he's gotten a little more aggressive at the plate.

BTW, McKenna also has a loopy swing when he looks to pull and I feel that's a big reason he misses so many fastballs.

• Upvote 2