Jordan Westburg 2022

Just Regular

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't.

I want Hall to be better than Cowser.

I think it bodes much better for the future.

It's about perspective.   Yes, I want Hall to be great and yes that is more important than Cowser being great.   I just meant that I hope they are right in having Cowser ranked that high.

Just now, RZNJ said:

It's about perspective.   Yes, I want Hall to be great and yes that is more important than Cowser being great.   I just meant that I hope they are right in having Cowser ranked that high.

I don't care for your perspective.  😉

I hope they are wrong about having Hall ranked that low.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ripken said:

6 with the 1-1 pick coming soon and Mayo, Stowers, Kjerstad and others around.  Nice.  Though AR won't be on that list long.

Adley comes off today, which will be his 46th day on the roster, exceeding the limit.  His next at bat also will be his 131st, exceeding that limit by one as well.   

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Going to be tough for Westburg to stay on the list as I would think somewhere between 6 and 10 or so 2022 draftees will be added once signed.

There are 10 other players on the list who are currently in the Majors.

I’d argue Westburg is only at 100 because he doesn’t have high draft pedigree. There’s no legit reason for Cowser to be ranked ahead of Westburg. 

• Upvote 2

The mlb pipleline list hasn’t been re-ranked to take into account the 2022 season yet. Cowser is that high because he was a high draft pick who showed well at delmarva. They don’t publish it, but they have players ranked out beyond the top 100, and as players graduate they use that list for additions 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’d argue Westburg is only at 100 because he doesn’t have high draft pedigree. There’s no legit reason for Cowser to be ranked ahead of Westburg. 

Pedigree definitely has a lot to do with it. Hopefully Cowser continues to hit well in the second half with Bowie and makes the off-season list on his own merits.

28 minutes ago, seak05 said:

The mlb pipleline list hasn’t been re-ranked to take into account the 2022 season yet. Cowser is that high because he was a high draft pick who showed well at delmarva. They don’t publish it, but they have players ranked out beyond the top 100, and as players graduate they use that list for additions 

That’s what I was thinking. Only justifiable reason to have Gunnar so low too. I’d hope when they reassess based off 2022, Westburg is Top 50. 

I'm surprised that Stowers didn't make it.  I guess age, but that didn't stop Adley.  A corner outfielder with at least average defense with 40 HR potential (imo) and also draws a good amount of walks and has some speed should definitely be in the top 100 when he has a .900 OPS in AAA.  52 seems quite high for Cowser.  Really disappointed on what he has done so far for a #5 pick.  I would hope Kjerstad can sneak into the top 100 if he continues raking when promoted to Aberdeen. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, waroriole said:

It’s a matter of opinion, independent of pedigree.  Westburg had better numbers at Aberdeen, but not by a dramatic amount (.858 OPS vs. .795).   We’ll see how Cowser fares at Bowie.   

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It’s a matter of opinion, independent of pedigree.  Westburg had better numbers at Aberdeen, but not by a dramatic amount (.858 OPS vs. .795).   We’ll see how Cowser fares at Bowie.   

But Westburg is a SS. That alone should put him comfortably ahead of Cowser. 

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm surprised that Stowers didn't make it.  I guess age, but that didn't stop Adley.  A corner outfielder with at least average defense with 40 HR potential (imo) and also draws a good amount of walks and has some speed should definitely be in the top 100 when he has a .900 OPS in AAA.  52 seems quite high for Cowser.  Really disappointed on what he has done so far for a #5 pick.  I would hope Kjerstad can sneak into the top 100 if he continues raking when promoted to Aberdeen. 

As someone mentioned above, this is only an update to take into account graduations. The full mid-season list with overall re-ranking of everyone I believe comes sometime later this month or next month.

3 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

As someone mentioned above, this is only an update to take into account graduations. The full mid-season list with overall re-ranking of everyone I believe comes sometime later this month or next month.

Seems odd that they only offer an undated list with graduations.  I guess it's not their true midseason list.  I watched a draft prospect video on the upcoming draft and one of the people on the video was an expert with I believe Baseball America.  This guy said that their team holds lengthy discussions on every top 100 pick.  Anyway, I'm sure this is very time consuming, but much better than 1 person making a list.  No doubt, this is the reason the best lists aren't updated very often.  This guy said that Henderson was in the discussion for the #1 prospect.