The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

Starting to sound like the HO needs another update or two...

Generally the theme(s) of these threads have been that a lack of new information leads to thread derailment.

The more I think about it, the "Tex at the Ravens Game" debate has been one of the most over-blown things on this site.

Well, personally I thought the debate as to whether Marcia Brady should have been going out with Greg Brady and at the same time having a crush on Dad Brady was a little over-blown...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all we know, Tex could be Boston bound, as everyone is telling us he is. But, it sure does appear to me that there is some kind of cover-up going on. Why is Roch, Schmuck, Cunningham, etc. so quick to jump on this with out and out denials that Tex was in the stadium. To Roch's credit, he did say whether Tex was there or not, so what? Which is true to an extent. Tex being at the game doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. But I just don't understand how some people (Viv and Bulldog, Hank's sources) saw Tex there, while others (Roch, Cunningham) swear he was not. I just don't get it. What's the big secret?

More likely he is at the December to Remember sales event. I do wonder if in his mind he knows where he wants to play, or if he is open to persuasion, assuming money is equal.

That's what I'm thinking, I assume he's gotten offers from the teams he's narrowed down, so what's taking so long for a decision?

For all we know, Tex could be Boston bound, as everyone is telling us he is. But, it sure does appear to me that there is some kind of cover-up going on. Why is Roch, Schmuck, Cunningham, etc. so quick to jump on this with out and out denials that Tex was in the stadium. To Roch's credit, he did say whether Tex was there or not, so what? Which is true to an extent. Tex being at the game doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. But I just don't understand how some people (Viv and Bulldog, Hank's sources) saw Tex there, while others (Roch, Cunningham) swear he was not. I just don't get it. What's the big secret?

Just conflicting stories, just because there isn't a consensus whether he was there or not, does not mean there is some massive warehouse contrived cover-up because he is being signed.

That's what I'm thinking, I assume he's gotten offers from the teams he's narrowed down, so what's taking so long for a decision?

Yeah, deciding where you and your family will spend the next 10 years of your life should be done quickly, no need to discuss it or even think about it, really.:rolleyes:

Just conflicting stories, just because there isn't a consensus whether he was there or not, does not mean there is some massive warehouse contrived cover-up because he is being signed.

I don't know WHAT it means. But, the presence of a human being should be easily verified. There were 70,000 people in the stadium yesterday. Did NOBODY physically see the dude there? If not, well then, I would take a guess and say he wasn't there! Seams simple enough to me, yet instead there is this huge mystery surrounding it. Its illogical!

I don't know what the big secret is. But remember, Angelos took LOTS of offense when Adam Jones started talking about the deal being done before it actually was done last year. So maybe Angelos sent word out to his underlings to deny, deny, deny that Tex was a guest of his at the Ravens game yesterday.

He may be torn between taking the most money from the Orioles, or taking less money to go play for the Sox, were he knows, that they will be putting a play-off contending team on the feild year in and year out.

I don't know what the big secret is. But remember, Angelos took LOTS of offense when Adam Jones started talking about the deal being done before it actually was done last year. So maybe Angelos sent word out to his underlings to deny, deny, deny that Tex was a guest of his at the Ravens game yesterday.

But hasn't it been established Angelos wasn't at the game.

Archived