The RISP thread, 2022

Frobby

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I guess it’s too late unwieldy to list the RISP numbers daily, so I’ll try weekly instead.  The first “week” will be the ten days period that ended on April 17.   All references are to the week ending _____.

4/17: 10 for 86 (.116); 21 runs in 9 games

4/24: 11 for 58 (.190); 23 runs in 7 games

5/1: 15 for 52 (.288); 27 runs in 6 games

5/8: 10 for 43 (.233); 25 runs in 6 games

So far this week, 8 for 35.   Last night was an ugly 1 for 12, leaving the bases loaded in each of the final three innings.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I guess it’s too late unwieldy to list the RISP numbers daily, so I’ll try weekly instead.  The first “week” will be the ten days period that ended on April 17.   All references are to the week ending _____.

So far this week, 8 for 35.   Last night was an ugly 1 for 12, leaving the bases loaded in each of the final three innings.  

So they seem to be getting better with RISP but the chances seem to be going down each week. The Tigers were hitting and walking guys the last two innings and besides the homers ,no other hits.

Do we know league average with RISP for the year?

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Those are some ugly numbers.  I guess the good news is we really can’t do much worse.  

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So they seem to be getting better with RISP but the chances seem to be going down each week. The Tigers were hitting and walking guys the last two innings and besides the homers ,no other hits.

Do we know league average with RISP for the year?

.236 in the AL.  The O’a are 14th, at .197.  

18 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So they seem to be getting better with RISP but the chances seem to be going down each week.

A higher average with RISP probably leads to less PAs with RISP. Because if you get a hit, there is often nobody left in scoring position for the next guy. But if everyone is just getting out you can rack up multiple PAs with RISP in a row. 

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

.   .   .

Last night was an ugly 1 for 12, leaving the bases loaded in each of the final three innings.  

But even with that strong finish in the 7th through 9th, they left only 14 for the game. The ML record for a nine-inning game is 18, certainly within this team's reach. 

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/left_on_base_records.shtml