ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

Before I go to bed can I get your opinion on wheter or not you think if we sign Tex it will influence any of the pitchers we're targeting ?

One would think that it might remotely alter the chance of us signing a guy like Sheets verses just signing one of the pitchers from Japan.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Sheets might take us a little more seriously if we really want him.

I think the Japanese pitchers would as well. I think a lot of the Japanese stars coming over want to play for popular teams. A lot of them can make a lot of money on endorsements back home.

Scott Van Pelt must be a Orioles Hangout reader - He just stated as SportsCenter ended that Orioles fans are CONVINCED they're landing Tex.

Ravech reiterated that the Orioles are the team that Teixeira indicated he wanted to play for.

Scott, YOU'RE THE MAN! Just in case you actually do read The Hangout.

Im really not sure if I want Sheets' date=' just because I cant remember him putting it all together for a full season, please prove me wrong if you can im being lazy.[/quote']

13-9 with a 3.09 ERA 198.3 IP 158K/47BB

Please keep in mind that Sheets has thrown an average of 178.5 IP per season in his career. I think his injury history is a little overblown consider an oft injured player like Burnett just got huge money from the Yankees. Sheets probably has better stuff.

Scott Van Pelt must be a Orioles Hangout reader - He just stated as SportsCenter ended that Orioles fans are CONVINCED they're landing Tex.

Ravech reiterated that the Orioles are the team that Teixeira indicated he wanted to play for.

Van Pelt did go to Maryland I believe.

In '04, he put up 237 IP with a 2.70 ERA. In fact, he's had 3 years in which he pitched 200+ innings, and last year he pitched 198. I say go after the guy.

LOL you left out the fact that 2004 was the LAST time he put up 200 innings. Lately he's been an injury machine

Van Pelt did go to Maryland I believe.

Yes he did, I've seen him at Terps basketball games, he's a really cool guy.

He's also a big Orioles fan, and is the only one on ESPN that gives us some respect.

But how would he knows we're convinced we're getting him without reading the Hangout? I really think he does.

I love him, O'S STROH'S AND NATTY BOH'S

Man I love Van Pelt. Just said that Oriole fans think they are going to get him even though the poll said we were the least likely.

You could see he was representin' Baltimore...

Yes, he really was. What a breath of fresh air.

We gotta get him out to a Hangout night with Roy Firestone next year to watch Tex.

Archived