Could Gutierrez be at risk of DFA on May 2? (Edit: DFA'd on 1 May)

interloper

23 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Same and at least Gutierrez can play good defense at 3B even if he never develops as a hitter. Odor and Owings bring zero to the team and never should have been signed. 

2 errors today for the guy who's defense is his calling card.  If he didn't have so much competition for DFAs I'd say he's a lock.  But Owings, Odor, McKenna....all horrible.  

Well, I certainly like Gutierrez better than the guy the O's had the first half of last year. BTW, bounced throw?? Should Mancini have gotten it (facetious reminder of last week's discussion on Mountcastle)? I am not a fan of Elias signings of players like Odor or Owings as place holders. And I am happier with Urias at 2nd. Nevin may not be a solution, but he's a better solution IMO. Martin, I'm not sure. I expect any ML'er to be able to catch the ball, you don't let poor D beat you.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Mateo .596 OPS, .274 wOBA, .308 xwOBA

Odor .577 OPS, .268 wOBA, .256 xwOBA

Urias .491 OPS, .229 wOBA, .342 xwOBA

Gutierrez .443 OPS, .219 wOBA, .319 xwOBA

Seems like both Urias and Gutierrez have been hitting in very bad luck, Mateo in moderately bad luck.   Odor on the other hand hasn’t been unlucky at all, just bad.    He should be the first to go IMO.   And even though I disliked that signing, I’m not someone who went into the season just assuming he’d be awful.  I held out a sliver of hope, which he’s basically crushed.

Looking at those OPS numbers, it's no mystery why the O's have struggled to score runs.  It's like carrying 4 of Chris Davis on the roster at one time.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Mateo .596 OPS, .274 wOBA, .308 xwOBA

Odor .577 OPS, .268 wOBA, .256 xwOBA

Urias .491 OPS, .229 wOBA, .342 xwOBA

Gutierrez .443 OPS, .219 wOBA, .319 xwOBA

Seems like both Urias and Gutierrez have been hitting in very bad luck, Mateo in moderately bad luck.   Odor on the other hand hasn’t been unlucky at all, just bad.    He should be the first to go IMO.   And even though I disliked that signing, I’m not someone who went into the season just assuming he’d be awful.  I held out a sliver of hope, which he’s basically crushed.

I started drafting nearly these exact thoughts yesterday.  Gutierrez needs more PAs.  Mateo is about what we're seeing.  Odor should be gone (it's a shame he's taking PAs from Gutierrez).  I had included Owings in the mix too, but not many PAs and not good so far.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Looking at those OPS numbers, it's no mystery why the O's have struggled to score runs.  It's like carrying 4 of Chris Davis on the roster at one time.

OBP isn't getting it done for these guys either.  I'd be happy if these guys just go on base.

Mateo - .294

Urias - .254

Gutz - .258

Mounty, Trey, and the sluggers need to get the SLG going too.  Woof so far...

Edited by btdart20

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So does this mean they are giving Nevin a clear shot at 3B?  

There are two open spots on the 40 man roster now. 

There's only one spot, technically, but there will be 2 once Wells goes on the 60-day. 

I think this means Urias and Nevin seeing time at 3B, with Owings more squarely on the bench where his scrubby self belongs. 

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

There's only one spot, technically, but there will be 2 once Wells goes on the 60-day. 

I think this means Urias and Nevin seeing time at 3B, with Owings more squarely on the bench where his scrubby self belongs. 

Owings might belong on Norfolk’s bench, but he has no business on a ML roster. Even if it is the Orioles.