The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

SVP said he felt that Tex would be better off going to a place where he wouldn't need to be the guy, citing Bmore and Washington as places where pressure would be placed on him.

A guy who gets a contract as big as Tex will get can't expect to NOT be the guy. Otherwise, what's the justification for spending so much?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tex had his best numbers in Texas when he WAS the guy. His numbers in Atlanta and LA were a little bit of a decline.

That's just flat-out wrong. His numbers while on the Angels.

In 54 games and 193 at bats, he hit .358 with 14 homeruns and 43 rbis, an obp of .449 and an ops of 1.081.

I was just passing along what these guys said. I don't necessarily agree with them.

He did also play in a launch-pad of a park in Ameriquest Field.

OPACY is very friendly to RH hitters and Tex should be able to achieve Palmeiro circa 1994-1998 like #'s in the Orioles lineup IMO.

He'll also have Markakis and Roberts in front of him and Huff behind him so it's not like he'd have to carry the entire offense by himself.

The Orioles offense is much better than the Nat's offense.

A guy who gets a contract as big as Tex will get can't expect to NOT be the guy. Otherwise, what's the justification for spending so much?

Agreed... You think he won't feel heat in Boston if he struggles early (which is his norm)? I think he put those thoughts to bed in two ways for me. He raked for Atlanta down the stretch when they traded for him and then was the only Angel to hit in their most recent 1st round exit. I think he'd be just fine in an O's uni.

Tex would be the highest paid player on any one of the four teams that he might go to.

So if he can't handle that, then maybe he shouldn't be paid as much as he's going to get.

I'm sorry but if he wants less pressure then Boston isn't the place to go. Their local media is tough on players if they don't produce. They aren't as bad the NY media, but they are tough.

The LA is a little easier to deal with and the Baltimore/DC media is a lot easier to deal with.

Gammons just on SVP show on ESPNradio didn't mention the Orioles for Tex. Said he thought it would wrap up in next 24 hours and none of the teams know what is going on, giving credit to Boras. SVP said he felt that Tex would be better off going to a place where he wouldn't need to be the guy, citing Bmore and Washington as places where pressure would be placed on him.

I am not complaining or whining about the coverage. Just paraphrasing what I heard.

24 hours? He said that two days ago. I guess everyday he's going to throw out the 24 hours timeline knowing he'll eventually be right.:rolleyes:

Archived