Are the O's turning a corner?

wildcard

46 minutes ago, oriole said:

Tonight is his first start in AAA. I’m not saying he isn’t ready but Elias is going to want to keep him back because that’s what Elias does.

Adley aside, I don’t think Elias’ promotion schedule is markedly slower then most other GM’s.

Hall is currently in triple-A despite only half a season of double-a starts (after being held back in spring). 

Gunnar is 20 and already in double A

Grayson is pitching well in triple-A, but also facing some new challenges 

Bradish could’ve started the season with the O’s, but you’re talking weeks.

Just now, seak05 said:

Adley aside, I don’t think Elias’ promotion schedule is markedly slower then most other GM’s.

Hall is currently in triple-A despite only half a season of double-a starts (after being held back in spring). 

What other GM would still have Adley in the minors?

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Your logic is right on point but you are swimming up stream with some of the folks on the OH.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Probably any GM with a brain would not have AR playing in the majors if his arm was not healed and he had not gotten his timing back.

Does his timing not look to be back?

Anyone else would have had him in the majors last season.

He would have done his rehab and would be back up.

If a team that was actually trying to win had Adley with a bit of rust and the combo of Chririnos and Bemboom on the roster I think they'd let Adley knock off some of the rust in the majors.

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What other GM would still have Adley in the minors?

I literally said other then Adley, so I’m not sure you’re point? 🤷‍♀️. It’s generally helpful to look at more then one data point 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I literally said other then Adley, so I’m not sure you’re point? 🤷‍♀️. It’s generally helpful to look at more then one data point 

I still think Mountcastle was slow rolled.  I think a lot of teams would have Grayson and/or Hall up at this point.

It seems that he prioritizes team control to a greater extent than other GM's.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Does his timing not look to be back?

Anyone else would have had him in the majors last season.

He would have done his rehab and would be back up.

If a team that was actually trying to win had Adley with a bit of rust and the combo of Chririnos and Bemboom on the roster I think they'd let Adley knock off some of the rust in the majors.

Saying that no other GM would have manipulated his service time last season with the unknowns of the CBA is not right IMO. Others would have done the same thing.  

And with his injury they needed to be careful not to cause bigger, more long lasting  problems.   Would all GMs take three weeks on rehab.   That is a pretty good point. But then again it has not been three weeks just yet and we really don't know when he will be promoted.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I still think Mountcastle was slow rolled.  I think a lot of teams would have Grayson and/or Hall up at this point.

It seems that he prioritizes team control to a greater extent than other GM's.

Agree to Disagree

I don't think Mountcastle was slow-played, I think they weren't in love with his swing decisions and defense (this is probably still true). And I think very few teams would have Hall up, except maybe if they really needed a lefty reliever, after not having pitched in almost a year, and only a handful of starts at Double-A. I think Grayson is more of a grey area, most teams do prefer prospects to be at every level though. The better argument would be starting him at double-A last year, and then having him progress to Triple-A..but even under that scenario I think you're talking maybe a two month difference, assuming Grayson continues to pitch well at Triple-A

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You don't think most teams would have had Mountcastle as a September call up after he won the MVP?

How did sending him home help his defense or swing decisions?

I'm not sure Mountcastle would've been promoted much beyond Single-A under an Elias developmental regime without altering his approach. It's hard to evaluate because Mountcastle is basically the antithesis of what Elias and Co preach. They clearly did not view him as ML ready even after his Triple-A MVP season. 

Edited by seak05

This team has 5 one run losses and 5 two run losses.  If Elias had put anything resembling a major leaguer at two of 3B/SS/2B this team would be turning the corner and by the end of the year we would have a pretty good understanding of the steps it would take to make a playoff team.  Instead now, by the end of the year IF the rookies play well we may be turning the corner and playing above .500 for significant stretches.

• Upvote 1