Hays 3rd rd 2016
Stowers 2nd rd 2019
Adley 1st rd 2019
Mountcastle 1st 2015
Ortiz* 4th rd 2019
Henderson 2019 2nd round
Westburg
compensatory 1st

The lack of international FA really stands out, the 2017/18 drafts were pitching heavy at the top

* would have put Vavra instead but technically he was drafted by Colorado, Adam Hall was another option

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Natty said:

Well if you can't spend money, what else can you do?

I would like to see Elias' goal to be a winning season. We have suffered through 5 years of losing seasons. 

Twins spent money.  That lineup is missing the 35M/year Shortstop.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

We spent money too. We signed the pitcher with the highest ERA and most Runs last year. 7.5M. 

1 hour ago, Natty said:

Well if you can't spend money, what else can you do?

I would like to see Elias' goal to be a winning season. We have suffered through 5 years of losing seasons. 

58 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Realistically, you're going to have to go get a player or two through free agency (and spend to keep some of your own players "home") for your lineup. But the Orioles aren't going to spend 200m, so most of the lineup will come from the organization. Twins didn't spend that money in free agnecy until they already had a lot of pieces in place. 

Well they are missing Correa. They also have Gio Urshela and Gary Sanchez who aren't in this lineup. Also features 2 former top prospects in Gordan and Kiriloff who have struggled so far. 

You aren't building your entire playoff team through the minors. You will eventually need to spend money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Attempted to put together a similar line-up for the Orioles in 2023

Mullins 13tth rd 2015
Hays 3rd rd 2016
Stowers 2nd rd 2019
Adley 1st rd 2019
Mountcastle 1st 2015
Ortiz* 4th rd 2019
Henderson 2019 2nd round
Westburg
compensatory 1st

The lack of international FA really stands out, the 2017/18 drafts were pitching heavy at the top

* would have put Vavra instead but technically he was drafted by Colorado, Adam Hall was another option

Mateo will be a part of our 2023 team. Even if it’s in a Mora type role. 

Watching the tides game last night the Nashville announcer made a similar observation about the tides.

Adley 1st rd

Grayson 1st rd

DL Hall 1st rd

Sedlock 1st rd

Cadyn Grenier 1st rd

Martin 1st rd

DJ Stewart 1st rd

Stowers 2nd 

J Jones 2nd 

Zac Lowther 2nd 

Vavra 3rd

McKenna 3rd

Baumann 3rd

• Upvote 1

Just now, emmett16 said:

The lack of international players does really stick out.  We are still 3 years away before there are 2/3 legit int guys in the line-ups throughout the system. 

It shouldn't take seven years to start seeing players on the ML roster.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It shouldn't take seven years to start seeing players on the ML roster.

If they are signing 16/17 yo’s and they play one season in dsl, one season in fcl, one season in low a, one season in high a, one season aa, one season in aaa that’s 7 years to MLB at age 23/24 which is about the avg debut age.  We started 4 years ago so it seems, to me at least, they are 3 years away from having impact int players in mlb and throughout org.  (This assumes typical trajectory, not for a “star” level player who would obviously move faster)

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

If they are signing 16/17 yo’s and they play one season in dsl, one season in fcl, one season in low a, one season in high a, one season aa, one season in aaa that’s 7 years to MLB at age 23/24 which is about the avg debut age.  We started 4 years ago so it seems, to me at least, they are 3 years away from having impact int players in mlb and throughout org.  (This assumes typical trajectory, not for a “star” level player who would obviously move faster)

I wonder what the average age is for International debuts compared to say players signed out of college?

Anyway, if the average debut is 23/24 then we should be seeing some earlier.  There is also the horde of 17 year olds he traded for when he took over. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wonder what the average age is for International debuts compared to say players signed out of college?

Anyway, if the average debut is 23/24 then we should be seeing some earlier.  There is also the horde of 17 year olds he traded for when he took over. 

I imagine the average age for international guys is lower. 

I also think it’s fair to say the guys we got initially were not very highly touted and he was doing a lot of that to simply fill out rosters.  Those 17 years olds are now 20 and sneaking into the lower part of the system.  And out of that group we are starting to see a couple emerge as potential future prospects.  

Now that we are “established” in the intl market it will be interesting to see how quickly the top end int prospects move through the system. Being an Os fan I have no prior experience with that.