Our schedule with the Blue Jays is insane

Frobby

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, here we go with 15 games against Toronto in our final 54.   Should be interesting.

With no tiebreak games anymore, the head to head tiebreaker is critical.   We are 2-2 vs Toronto this year, if we can go 8-7 in these remaining 15, then we win a tie with them for a wild card spot.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

With no tiebreak games anymore, the head to head tiebreaker is critical.   We are 2-2 vs Toronto this year, if we can go 8-7 in these remaining 15, then we win a tie with them for a wild card spot.   

Ha - I'll settle for 2 out of 3 this week.

Regular reminder for these 15 games and the Adley-Vlad and Grayson-Gausman seasons to come of one Mr. Kevin Gausman's recent perspectives on the Baltimore Orioles teams of the early 2020's.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2374326

"Unfortunate to put the team in that situation," Gausman said, according to the Toronto Sun's Terry Koshan. "It's embarrassing, to be honest, to go out and do that against a team I think we should beat. Maybe that sounds bad to say, but I think we should beat them more than we should lose to them."

The 31-year-old allowed five earned runs on seven hits to the last-place Orioles in his worst start of the season.

What might have bothered Gausman the most was his poor outing came against the team he spent the first five-and-a-half seasons of his career with after they drafted him fourth overall in 2012.

"I was there for a long time, and so (I) really wanted to go out there and shove it to them, to be honest," Gausman said, according to The Athletic's Kaitlyn McGrath. "To do that, not what I envisioned my first start against my former team, so that sucks."

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Quite a gauntlet we have to run through these next 10 games or so.  

I'd really like to stick it to Gausman again.  

I think we're going to miss him both series.    ESPN forecasting Kikuchi-Manoah-Berrios now, and Manoah-Berrios-White in Canada next week.

These are the foundational moments of Adley vs. Manoah and Berrios.    How many close pitches do you think next 10 games?     Rougie ready to battle somebody :)

The first series Berrios absolutely had us to dead to rights until he got cocky and decided to drill somebody and wake a sleeping dog.

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I think we're going to miss him both series.    ESPN forecasting Kikuchi-Manoah-Berrios now, and Manoah-Berrios-White in Canada next week.

These are the foundational moments of Adley vs. Manoah and Berrios.    How many close pitches do you think next 10 games?     Rougie ready to battle somebody :)

The first series Berrios absolutely had us to dead to rights until he got cocky and decided to drill somebody and wake a sleeping dog.

I'm not mad about Odor being on the roster if our guys have to throw hands.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Regular reminder for these 15 games and the Adley-Vlad and Grayson-Gausman seasons to come of one Mr. Kevin Gausman's recent perspectives on the Baltimore Orioles teams of the early 2020's.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2374326

"Unfortunate to put the team in that situation," Gausman said, according to the Toronto Sun's Terry Koshan. "It's embarrassing, to be honest, to go out and do that against a team I think we should beat. Maybe that sounds bad to say, but I think we should beat them more than we should lose to them."

The 31-year-old allowed five earned runs on seven hits to the last-place Orioles in his worst start of the season.

What might have bothered Gausman the most was his poor outing came against the team he spent the first five-and-a-half seasons of his career with after they drafted him fourth overall in 2012.

"I was there for a long time, and so (I) really wanted to go out there and shove it to them, to be honest," Gausman said, according to The Athletic's Kaitlyn McGrath. "To do that, not what I envisioned my first start against my former team, so that sucks."

One thing to remember with Gausman is he will never be mistaken for a Mensa member. To hold a grudge against an organization in which no one is left who drafted, developed or pitched you seems pretty juvenile. 

Saying that, now I kinda hope we smash him again. lol

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

One thing to remember with Gausman is he will never be mistaken for a Mensa member. To hold a grudge against an organization in which no one is left who drafted, developed or pitched you seems pretty juvenile. 

Saying that, now I kinda hope we smash him again. lol

I just assume that it's one of those "and I took it personal" moments that pro athletes use to get themselves hyped up.  I get the sense that for people like Jordan that anger makes them more focused.  It's probably not the healthiest approach from a mental health standpoint, but I guess it works for some people.

Edited by Hallas
  • Upvote 1