Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, well, to each his own I guess. Hope you're of good enough character to still be around posting if Tex doesn't sign with the Nats. Because to me it looks like you created an OH account as a spot to drink your O's haterade.

I will and he may sign with the O's. I will be happy for you. It's just ridiculous that after 2 years of ownership you have labled a franchise.

HUMMM wouldn't it be funny IF Tex didn't go to the BRS...and say the BRS win the World Series in 2009...LOL...

Its not over til its over...The Fat Lady has not sung yet..:eek:

Hopefully the O's will sign Dunn and be DUNN with Boras and his quest of huge $$$ for Tex

OMG, dude, once again, Boras would not come out and say Teixeira eliminated them.

.... and he didn't. "Process of eliminating teams" was the clever choice of words.

Just scare tactics and Boston calling Boras's bluff is all it is.

Correction, Washingtons teams stunk. This is a tired and long argument. You haven't a clue. Washington supports its team fine if they win. What's the Orioles excuse right now. Let me guess. Your not winning. It kind of goes hand in hand.

There are 3 reasons...

1. We're not winning.

2. The FO hasn't shown that they're willing to spend to compete.

3. A certain team moved in next door, where THEY DON'T BELONG!

Will someone please explain to me why Henry did that? Why would you announce you are out? Even if you actually are? There is no need to say it. If you remove yourself publicly then other teams know you aren't in it and you can't drive up the price for them even if you have no real intention of signing him. The smart thing to do would seem to be to keep quiet, and Henry is not a stupid man, so I am not sure what he is doing by sending that e-mail. This whole saga has been so strange.

Edit: Also, I don't think "attempting to eliminate" means "has eliminated." That sounds like lawyer talk to me.

Sorry, you're way wrong.

Again, WAT??? What are you responding to, my wanting to do a thought experiment?

Are all SIGNIFICANTLY better pitchers than Burnett.

Obviously they must be, you used all caps. Superior reasoning = expressing opinion emphatically.

Roy Halladay

C.C. Sabathia

John Lackey

Josh Beckett

Daisuke Matsuzaka

Jon Lester

Cliff Lee

Scott Kazmir

Matt Garza

James Shields

David Price

John Danks

Zack Grienke

Ervin Santana

Francisco Liriano

Justin Verlander

Joakim Soria (if he's converted to a starter)

Felix Hernandez

Are all SIGNIFICANTLY better pitchers than Burnett.

I think Duchscherer, Guthrie, Slowey, and Baker all could be better than him as well. If Sheets signs with an AL team, you add him to the list above.

I agree the bolds are better than AJ.

There are some pitchers with potential to be better, but I think its a stretch to say any non-bold are going to be "significantly" better than AJ in 2009.

I actually think a lot of the non-bolds are comparable or a little behind AJ, or its hard to say (i.e. Soria/Price).

I don't think Verlander or any of the below 3 (Duchscherer, Slowey, and Baker) are in this tier.

--

Have you heard of FIP era?

Archived