Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

ESPN Radio update said Red Sux dropped out so it looks like it is down to the Angels and Nationals. No lie.

Ridiculous. It's bordering on blatant disrespect.

Who cares. Seriously. The only reason they aren't giving us respect in this case is because the last reported offer from us was low. And since the Sox backed off because of OTHERS offers, why the heck would they include the O's in the possible based off the current crop of info?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont get it either, some how the team that finished dead last in MLB last year... not just last in their division, but dead last in the entire league... is a front runner for Tex but the hometown team, ehh F em Baltimore sucks anyway... thats what is seems like coming from ESPN.

Simple, because they weren't reported to have put an offer on the table that is far lower than what is currently out there when the Red Sox dropped out due to the offers already out there. It's not rocket surgery. :P

ESPN Radio update said Red Sux dropped out so it looks like it is down to the Angels and Nationals. No lie.

Ridiculous. It's bordering on blatant disrespect.

Hey, maybe they're right. Maybe it really is down to the Angels and Nats.

I still don't understand why we're so uptight about what ESPN reports. Are we that starved for attention that we go nuts when we're not mentioned?

Simple, because they weren't reported to have put an offer on the table that is far lower than what is currently out there when the Red Sox dropped out due to the offers already out there. It's not rocket surgery. :P

Yeah, I'm thinking that the Nats FO has been drinking water straight from the Potomac (and for those of you who haven't seen it, it's literally brown and smells like poo) thinking they are the prime spot for Tex. If he picks them, I see him being a FA again in 2012.

I still don't understand why we're so uptight about what ESPN reports. Are we that starved for attention that we go nuts when we're not mentioned?

I think in this case some people are so desperate to believe that not being mentioned hurts them.

I think that its offensive to some people for us not to be mentioned, mostly because up until 1998 we were in the top tier of the AL... somehow all the "analysts" at ESPN seem to have forgotten that and decided to disrespect this team at all times (Trash the Owner - fine with me, Trash the Team - back off).

If he's eliminating teams, and we haven't upped our offer, and money is the #1 factor...

Then how come we haven't been eliminated?

Pretty simple because the O's, the Nats, and the Angels haven't fought it on the TRUE eliminator yet....

THE AGGRO CRAG!

456.jpg

:D:D:D 'Nuff said!

:D

Yea, it really is ridiculous.

Why is the media saying we are out? Because we, to everyone's knowledge, haven't moved off of our 7/150 offer...The media knows this is a Boras client and that Boras clients go for the most money.

Right now, there is really no reason to think we are in it.

Now, they could say that MacPhail is willing to up his offer but at this point, how much he is willing to up it is unknown....But they haven't said it and you know what, who cares?

The Orioles have been a laughing stock...Why should anyone take them seriously?

I think that its offensive to some people for us not to be mentioned, mostly because up until 1998 we were in the top tier of the AL... somehow all the "analysts" at ESPN seem to have forgotten that and decided to disrespect this team at all times (Trash the Owner - fine with me, Trash the Team - back off).

So, because we were last relevant a decade ago, they owe it to us?

ESPN not 3 days ago had us HIGH in the running!

This is seriously a case of "what have you done for me not only lately but JUST NOW!" syndrome.

Foregoing the rumors we have here, this is what they have to go on:

Reports that Tex was interested in us.

Reports that our offer was lower than everybody else in the running (Sox, Angels, Nats).

Reports that he was meeting with the Sox.

Henry then announcing that after meeting with him and hearing the other offers that they're out of the bidding.

So, going through that logically, if THEY dropped out because of other offers AFTER our last reported offer was lower than the others (reported mind you), why would the national media mention us?

Archived