Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that earlier in the week we were the lead dogs and looked like things were coming to a head over the weekend gives me hope that we're still in this thing heavy. Gotta believe that Boras gave the Sox one last chance to outdue deals from us and the Nats. Hence the recruiting trip made yesterday. The Boras quote about thanking the Sox for coming down and meeting with Mark but essentially being told they were out of it was nice to read. That Mark was eliminating teams and working to a decision gives me hope that this will be over soon.

He said "expect news soon. The he said, she said will be over soon." Something like that.

Not discounting the fact that it MIGHT be nearing an end this time- but Belcast has been saying that somewhat frequently the past few days... so EVENTUALLY- yeah it's gonna be true.

So your optimism is due to the fact that there are no leaks in the FO' date=' enhanced by constant optimism from a leak in the front office? :scratchchinhmm: :)[/quote']

He asked what the reason for the optimism was, even though there are no media reports. What gives me (and others) optimism is the fact that MacPhail doesn't report his information to the media, so they would have no reason to include us in their stories, because as far as they know we only have our initial offer. As far as the contradiction, I agree that what I said might be a bit of a contradiction, but every FO is going to have some leaks. We are just not, apparently, going to give any confirmation to reporters to use for their articles. Difference b/t message board "reports" and articles by journalists.

The Plus content on the minor league system is really fantastic as well. It isn't just the message board posting privilege that makes it worth it.

That's the best thing about this site. Really heads and shoulders above every other place I've seen. It's why I got the Plus membership.

Nothing is official yet. I was told that we would either have some kind of aggrement today or we would be dropping out. Tex is in the elimination process as I was told we fully expect to know where we stand today.

That's not particularly reassuring...

Nothing is official yet. I was told that we would either have some kind of aggrement today or we would be dropping out. Tex is in the elimination process as I was told we fully expect to know where we stand today.

Well that is an end to the process. Hopefully it's the former...

Son of A... WILL THE MADDNESS EVER END!!

Thanks Belkast. I really like the Orioles stance if this is true. Your either with us or against us. Finish it today and move on, rather we get him or not.

Gotta believe Tex said he had an agreement to give the Orioles the chance to meet / beat best offer and Hendry & Epstein likely said take this offer or leave it.

I think they will not be coming back to the table.

The Angels may seize this moment to get heavily back into the bidding, but the West Coast component must be a strong deterrent.

Gotta believe we win out versus the Nats.

Archived