Streaming relievers

Just Regular

Baumann up, Vespi and Gillaspie optioned.

Its an exciting day...Elias battling Rays almost like he's actually trying.    Vespi fantastic last night, but in Raysian terms this is an easy slam dunk move.

I'll be looking for my Grayson tweet at 8am sharp tomorrow morning, sir.    Maybe even 11pm if we don't do the whole 13 innings thing again.

• Upvote 1

Watkins will probably get pulled early, Baumann will pitch, then they bring Vespi back in a couple days. Pretty cool that Vespi is on the outside of our top 7 bullpen arms. They are all really looking solid right now. Baker has the highest ERA but I feel pretty confident when he comes in.

16 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Watkins will probably get pulled early, Baumann will pitch, then they bring Vespi back in a couple days. Pretty cool that Vespi is on the outside of our top 7 bullpen arms. They are all really looking solid right now. Baker has the highest ERA but I feel pretty confident when he comes in.

Is there no 10 day wait to bring players back up who are optioned?

5 hours ago, xmichaelx said:

They will probably call Grayson up next weekend. 

We do have the doubleheader Saturday.

But with the off day Thursday, the first day we actually NEED a 6th starter would be Tuesday, May 31 when we return to Baltimore.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

That’s still a thing, barring injury replacements.  

Also bringing a guy up to be the 27th man for a doubleheader is exempt from that rule, so both Vespi and Gillaspie are in play for that next Saturday.

• Upvote 1