A Favorable O's Schedule through June

wildcard

Starting on May 27th going through the end of June the O's play 33 games.   Only 7 of them are with clubs with winning records.  Four vs the Jays and 3 vs the Rays.  

The other 26 games are against teams belong .500 including the Red Sox (5), Mariners (6),  White Sox (4),  Guardians (3),   Royals (3)  Nationals (2), Cubs (2).

If the O's can stay healthy they have a chance to improve their record over the next month.

• Upvote 3

I noticed that as well.  It’s time to put up or shut up.  I think we will have a much better picture of where we are as a team after next 33 games.  I feel optimistic about there chances for something like 19-14.  I’d be thrilled. 

I just posted on the Random Thoughts thread, that the O's have played 32 games against teams with records greater than .500, by far the most of any team and have gone 13-19. The Yankees 12 (8-4), Rays 12 (5-7), Minnesota 8 (2-6), Milwaukee 12 (5-7).....W-L records at this point don't necessarily reflect how teams truly rank as a whole. I'll personally be more happy with a more balanced schedule both in terms of opponents and scheduling itself (Yanks 13 games in first 45???, Blue Jays 0???)

50 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

Call me crazy, but I think the O’s have a chance at a wild card spot this year. We add Grayson, Hall and (surprise) Henderson and, suddenly, we have a very good chance at being a giant killer. 

OK, you're crazy. On reflection, you're not crazy, you're a baseball fan. There's a subtle difference between the two. On further reflection, you're a baseball fan whose team whose team hasn't been in the World Series for almost 40 years. 

Please sir just let us have Bradish-Kirby Tuesday, Rodriguez-Ray Wednesday and see where we are after that.

Jordan Lyles and his 3.5 days of rest wet noodle act yesterday (not his fault) maybe gives Bradish a little solace.    Lyles himself is the one I'm interested seeing getting freshened up a bit from here.    Bradish wash the taste away quickly, and fine if it is a known 70-pitch scenario going in.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

How did we do vs Detroit again?

0-3 against a team with 2 regulars out and 4/5 th of their predicting starting rotation out. But looks like at least the Orioles might be better then three or four times this year and close to another four or five. Not the worst or second worst  Boston's bullpen has been a problem all year. The hitting has been hot for a few weeks but if it cools off ,they might be below. 500 for the year.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Starting on May 27th going through the end of June the O's play 33 games.   Only 7 of them are with clubs with winning records.  Four vs the Jays and 3 vs the Rays.  

The other 26 games are against teams belong .500 including the Red Sox (5), Mariners (6),  White Sox (4),  Guardians (3),   Royals (3)  Nationals (2), Cubs (2).

If the O's can stay healthy they have a chance to improve their record over the next month.

Only 12 teams with above .500 records as of today The Yankees have only played one team with an over .500 record before they played the Rays this weekend .