Memorial Day Night: Finale of 5 game series in Boston

SteveA

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

For those following on a non-broadcast medium, the delay is because the home plate ump has to leave the game after taking the 3rd foul tip off his helmet in the last couple innings.   Maybe concussion symptoms, maybe precautionary.

One last inning tipped off Adley's helmet and then knocked the ump's helmet off his head.   But he stayed in after that one, this time he is leaving.

So we are awaiting another ump donning the home plate equipment.

Thanks...was wondering why it was stuck at 1-1.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

2nd base ump takes over behind the plate.

Wells is probably done anyway but this long layoff might help seal the deal if it wasn't already.

I was thinking there was a chance Wells might start the 7th, but that is seeming unlikely now plus the Orioles just scored another run. 

Palmer & Arnold making fun of the scoreboard not being updated for the last run,.   But if the dude behind the scoreboard who hangs the #s is lying there after a heart attack or something,  Palmer and Arnold will look pretty heartless.

So, what do people think of the five game series?  I have always thought the five game series (albeit not in four days) was a smart way to schedule series.  First, it cuts down on travel.  Second, you go through a team’s five man rotation.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jdwilde1 said:

So, what do people think of the five game series?  I have always thought the five game series (albeit not in four days) was a smart way to schedule series.  First, it cuts down on travel.  Second, you go through a team’s five man rotation.

Well if this lead holds I like it, otherwise it sucks. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1