Zimmerman

WI O’s Fan

Since the shortened season in 2020 we’ve been clinging to these swingman types to develop into something more. Well… we have swingman types. Zimmerman is a swingman. Akin can be an Arthur Rhodes type. Wells and Lowther look toast. Baumann and Kremer have been hurt. 

The magical analytical dust couldn’t be sprinkled on these guys. In fact, our pitchers have improved because they pitch to more contact and not for more K’s, because of the LF wall and defense. 

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What is he going to learn if he’s sent down?  Do you think he’s magically going to get more velo?  

Every player can become a success in the majors if they spend enough time in the minors first.

Raw ability isn't important, it's putting in the time.

11 hours ago, WI O’s Fan said:

He is performing like last year prior to his shoulder fatigue.  3 good starts followed by getting hit hard constantly.  His fb is90 and change is 85.  That does not work against good mlb hitters.    Needs to be sent down again.  Not a future piece.

He won't be sent down. The O's need him to eat innings, even if he gives up 5 runs in 5.2 innings

5 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Last 8 starts:

6.17 ERA, 6.17 FIP, opponents slashing .316/.343/.608/.951. 

We have nothing at AAA unless you want to look at Smith, 3.00 ERA in about 25 innings in 9 games and 5 starts 

or Ryan Watson from Bowie has a 3.05 in 41 innngs and 7 starts?

53 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

We have nothing at AAA unless you want to look at Smith, 3.00 ERA in about 25 innings in 9 games and 5 starts 

or Ryan Watson from Bowie has a 3.05 in 41 innngs and 7 starts?

Not that I’m that bullish on him, but I expect we’d see Dean Kremer before either of those two.   

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

It feels like DL Hall is going to lead the team in September innings pitched.

I'm guessing it will be Akin.  I'm doubting Hall gets called up this year.  GrayRod was dominating start after start and still couldn't get called up.  Hall has had control issues, don't see the O's starting his clock.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm guessing it will be Akin.  I'm doubting Hall gets called up this year.  GrayRod was dominating start after start and still couldn't get called up.  Hall has had control issues, don't see the O's starting his clock.

I think they will, if he pitches well enough to justify it.   People should be a little patient, though.  He’s thrown 24.1 innings  this year and 56 innings the last two years combined.   It’s not surprising that he’s still getting a feel for his stuff.   Let’s see where he is in 4-6 weeks.