AL 3rd Wild Card now at .500

wildcard

Looks like that last playoff spot could be a pretty low bar this year, but I will be surprised if we’re within 10 games of it when the season ends.   4.5 out with 1/3 of the season gone means we are on pace to be 13-14 games out of the playoffs at season’s end.   

Man, the Angels just cannot get it done. They have a lot of talent, but just fail at winning. I thought bringing in Joe Maddon was finally going to turn them around, but guess not.

There's still a lot of games to be played though. I wonder if Trout will request a trade? The Angels remind me of Colorado. A lot of talent, but can't turn that into winning. 

33 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Even the most wild dreams of a playing meaningful games in September died with the GrayRod injury.

Yep.   Fantastic Angels 10 days for the Rangers-Mariners-Guardians type team.

The Grayson hiccup is so disappointing in the 2-month day-to-day but hopefully very little in the 6.2 years of it.   His August-September-April 2023 might be Adley plus level shenanigans, though...we'll see.

In a world where Grayson is 3-0 having beaten Boston, Bieber and whoever that middle turn would have been, the Orioles were 26-29 and 1.5 out of AL6, today would be pretty sweet.    Its still a day we get to see the first month of Rutschman's career unfold.

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Angels lose 10 straight to fall to .500.  Boston 1/2 game back.

O's 4 1/2 back of playoff spot.

O's have pretty much no chance of making the playoff because I can't see them playing over .500 for a long period of time.  Any chance at a wild card would need the O's to play several games over .500 the rest of the way.

Angels seem to be snake bitten.  The Angels are in free fall.  It's bad to lose 10 in a row w/ the "best player in baseball" and last year's MVP.

3 hours ago, Beysbol said:

Man, the Angels just cannot get it done. They have a lot of talent, but just fail at winning. I thought bringing in Joe Maddon was finally going to turn them around, but guess not.

There's still a lot of games to be played though. I wonder if Trout will request a trade? The Angels remind me of Colorado. A lot of talent, but can't turn that into winning. 

They arguably have two of the top five players in baseball and if they're lucky they might get a wildcard spot. 

4 hours ago, Beysbol said:

They need to do right by Trout and trade him.