Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

13 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I bet my dentist still does.  They're nice people, but they have every record in paper (my file goes back to when my Mom first brought me there in 1978).  I have to mail (or I suppose hand-carry) them insurance paperwork that I print out after every time I go.  I asked if I could just email it to them and they said they don't do that.  The X-rays are all on film.  They snail mail me a postcard to remind me of my next appointment. The hygienists are all 65 years old and while I'm in the chair they tell long, rambling stories about how the kids these days can't learn anything with all the TikTok and crime.  My wife and kids go to another dentist where there's basically no paper, everything is in a consolidated electronic system, it's like going to Stardate 46379.

Would not surprise me if the Angelos Law Firm was like that.

I see this attitude a lot among the older generation.

• 2 weeks later...

Per the Sun;

A Wednesday hearing in the legal fight that has split the family of Peter Angelos was postponed, but lawyers continued their arguments in court filings over the fate of his assets, from the Orioles to his legendary law firm.

No reason was given for the postponement of the hearing in Baltimore County Circuit Court, and it has yet to be rescheduled.

I would assume the word continuance is somewhere in there?  Fancy word for, we are going to delay so we can either get our stuff together better or it is coming up on the holidays and we don’t feel like dealing with this until some time in February. I’m kind of a nerd(hence the reason I associate with the likes of the rest of you), so I would be interested in reading all of the court documents. I can’t even imagine what discovery would look like amongst a family matter like this. 
Also, I find it a bit sick that they are having this public dispute over assets of a guy who isn’t even dead yet. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, owknows said:

Somebody tell me it's Bisciotti

Who cares who it is?   So long as they’re not moving the team.  

I might be in the minority, but I’m pretty happy with how John Angelos has run things.   He hired a good GM.  He’s let him do his thing.   The team is in a good competitive position now.   He’s convinced the state to invest in the area around the stadium.   Obviously the one thing he hasn’t done yet is spend serious money on payroll, but there wasn’t any point in doing that until now.   So if he loosens the purse strings a little, I’m happy to have him continue to be in charge.   The lawsuit is a nuisance but I don’t think it really affects anything.   The only real downside here is that the Angelos family doesn’t have the pockets to subsidize the team’s operations; it has to stand on its own as a profitable business.  But a well-run team can do that.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Who cares who it is?   So long as they’re not moving the team.  

I might be in the minority, but I’m pretty happy with how John Angelos has run things.   He hired a good GM.  He’s let him do his thing.   The team is in a good competitive position now.   He’s convinced the state to invest in the area around the stadium.   Obviously the one thing he hasn’t done yet is spend serious money on payroll, but there wasn’t any point in doing that until now.   So if he loosens the purse strings a little, I’m happy to have him continue to be in charge.   The lawsuit is a nuisance but I don’t think it really affects anything.   The only real downside here is that the Angelos family doesn’t have the pockets to subsidize the team’s operations; it has to stand on its own as a profitable business.  But a well-run team can do that.  

I'm absolutely fine with the way John has run things too. Would have no problem if it continued. Might even be my preference.

But if the team is to be sold, I'd say the number of interested parties who would keep the team in Baltimore probably comprises a pretty short list. Bisciotti... or maybe a group anchored by Ripken. So I consider the talk of a sale a bit scary... 

My Bisciotti comment was tongue-in-cheek... but only mildly..