Drew Hutchison?

wildcard

Lefty Hutchison (31) was just DFA'd by the Tigers.   Under normal conditions I would not even bring this up because he has not been that good over this career.

However his 4.81 ERA is better than Lyles, Bradish, Zimmermann, and Watkins.   He has started twice in June for the Tigers going 4 IP allowing 2 ER and 4.2 IP allowing 3 ER.   Nothing great but probably better than any 5th starter the O's have.

The O's need space for DL Hall whenever he is deem ready.  But with Sulser and Lakins on the 40 man I don't see that as a problem.

Hutchison as 4 years of service time and is making 800K this year.  Prorated that is about 480K left on his contract.

I say claim him.  Let Holt work with him and see what he can do.

• Upvote 2

A little like moving the deck chairs around.  .257 Babip is concerning combined with his terrible BB%.  But he's done well limiting the HR (despite the high EV and bad LA allowed).  Don't really see anything interesting to offer a silver lining that we could change.  Maybe someone else sees something though...

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Could we get him on a minor league contract? I'd like him better than Harvey but would rather let Baumann etc get one more shot before the rotation fills up with real prospects.

What real prospects are filling up the rotation? Hall and…..? 

1 minute ago, owknows said:

Setting aside your all-consuming need to ridicule Wildcard for a moment, don't you think that Holt has performed well with the resources he has?

I don't know.  Could someone else get more out of a Bradish?

It seems like pretty standard results that every team gets.