Sunday, July 10: Orioles play at noon on Peacock TV, trying for longest win streak since '05

SteveA

Gametime:  12:05 pm

TV:  Exclusively on PeacockTV for Peacock+ paying subscribers

Weather:  High 70s, low 80s no rain expected

Roster MoveRIco Garcia called up from Norfolk;  Bruce Zimmermann optioned to Norfolk.

MatchupJose Suarez (L) vs Austin Voth (R)

Lineups

1. Taylor Ward (R) RF
2. Mike Trout (R) CF
3. Shohei Ohtani (L) DH
4. Max Stassi (R) C
5. Luis Rengifo (S) SS
6. Jonathan Villar (S) 3B
7. Michael Stefanic (R) 2B
8. David MacKinnon (R) 1B
9. Monte Harrison (R) LF

1. Cedric Mullins (L) CF
2. Trey Mancini (R) DH
3. Ryan Mountcastle (R) 1B
4. Anthony Santander (S) RF
5. Adley Rutschman (S) C
6. Ramon Urias (R) 3B
7. Ryan McKenna (R) LF
8. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
9. Jorge Mateo (R) SS

Orioles Bench
Jose Arauz (S)
Robinson Chirinos (R)
Austin Hays (R) -- still bothered by sore wrist
Tyler Nevin (R)

Bullpen Availability

Available
Bryan Baker 1.0 IP, 21p Friday; 0.2 IP, 14p Wednesday 
Rico Garcia  2.0 IP, 29p Monday for Norfolk
Cionel Perez (L)  1.0 IP, 9p Thursday;  0.2 IP, 6p Wednesday
Dillon Tate  1.0 IP, 10p Friday

Probably Available
Felix Bautista  1.1 IP, 18p yesterday
Joey Krehbiel   0.2 IP, 15p yesterday; 1.0IP, 12p Thursday
Jorge Lopez  1.0 IP, 16p yesterday;  1.0 IP, 17p Thursday;  1.0 IP, 14p Wednesday 

Maybe Available
Keegan Akin (L)  1.2 IP, 24p Friday

• Upvote 1

Now we switch from Geoff Arnold play by play to Melanie Newman for a couple innings.

Melanie uses such odd phrasing sometimes.   That ball was just caught "on the toe of the warning track".   Yesterday when it was scoreless she said the Orioles were hoping to "break on the scoreboard".   It's like, you know what she is trying to say but she uses words no one else would in each particular situation.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Now we switch from Geoff Arnold play by play to Melanie Newman for a couple innings.

Melanie uses such odd phrasing sometimes.   That ball was just caught "on the toe of the warning track".   Yesterday when it was scoreless she said the Orioles were hoping to "break on the scoreboard".   It's like, you know what she is trying to say but she uses words no one else would in each particular situation.

More:

"Cedric retiring the two outs of this inning".

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• https://fansided.com/posts/mlb-rumors-orioles-ranger-trade-closer/partners/40179?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0RFAz_l58dGl6Y40z6wh_QjOniha6hS-PPBHCIUfY6Ww2ufyiQJP5gbYM_aem_vC77LP1cbGKyrXz9EKOZAw   Kirby Yates for Alex Pham. Sign me up
    • Good call but I do not think Tarik Skubal or Garrett Crochet are Justin Verlander or Gerrit Cole or Zack Greinke or Corbin Burnes, and think Elias/Sigbot have good taste assessing the elite vs. the very good.
    • There is no fair market value for aces.  Pitching aces are an extremely limited commodities and teams will do what they can to obtain them.  Having an ace pitcher in the postseason is a big advantage.  If the O's had 2, that would be a huge advantage.  Very high demand and limited supply means price will skyrocket.  I would probably do Basallo for Crochet and Holliday for Skubal.  Fans of those teams would probably say those offers are jokes.  Whether in contract price or prospect value, the price is always more than you would rationally think.
    • I think I would too, but Eflin's an interesting guy to watch play out.     1.5 years ago Eflin was one of the "better Kyle Gibsons" TBR put 3/40 on while Elias stuck to 1-year deals. Assuming he is moved, TBR will have paid Eflin 1.5 years/$18 million, gotten a year of All-Star performance plus this meh 2024 so far, and whatever they get from some other Club that will give up prospects to pay him 1.5 years/$22 million. The 11-11-18 payout schedule that gave a clue Eflin's odds of remaining a Ray would be lower in Year 3, and means about ~$7 million through July 30.    October I'm double counting months so the Orioles would get an October premium 4 out of 8 regular + post season "months".     TBR can look to McClanahan, Springs, Baz, Rasmussen, Pepiot and Taj Bradley being 6 guys for the first 5 games of 2025 so I am almost certain Eflin will move. If DET holds Skubal, you don't trust Crochet for innings, and TOR-TEX keep their guys, he's close to the best available and kills 2 birds with one stone lining up the Burnes backfill for 2025. The division thing makes it more of an underdog than any other deal, but I think Eflin is a medium needle mover for the SP3 role come October.    That said, Elias has a blank slate of a pitching staff in Bradish's absence to figure out Game 3 as a bullpen game, or with another Eflin-Bassitt level guy.
    • My opinion is that they won’t trade any of Holliday, Mayo, Kjersted or Basallo.  I think he looks at Mayo to replace Mountcastle, Kjersted to replace Santander, and adding Holliday and Basallo to the lineup.  I think they will trade anyone else.  That is why I don’t expect to get a number 3 or better starter.  
    • I haven't seen Basallo in person but have seen Mayo and Holiday quite a bit here in Norfolk. I believe all 3 will be above average major leaguers but Mayo is the one I'm not getting rid of. I have seen a lot of good players come through here in the last 40 years (even when they were with the Mets) and nobody has swung the bat quite like him. Waltimore is no problem for Mayo, if it's not 3rd they are going to find a place for him to play.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now